Skin flakes everywhere

Posted , 17 users are following.

I have been suffering from Atopic Dermatitis and extremely dry skin eversince I can remember. I had it as a child- it would get infected time after time and I'd go through hell. As an adult, the whole thing had gone into remission with just occasional flareups and bleeding on my feet.

However, since the past two months, it seems to have spread all over my body including my face and neck. What's even worse is that the already flaking skin is just getting worse.

I'd like to know if any of you guys ever find flakes of skin on literally EVERY place you go. I find flakes of myself in my bed, I find it in my car, on my mobile phone, my laptop- pretty much anything that I associate myself on a regular basis. My wife starts sneezing at times because of the "dust" that I "emit" all the time.

It's hard enough dealing with the agonizing pain and mental torture that this disease has been gifting me since forever. The powdering skin everywhere just makes everything I own, look bad (not just myself). It's like I'm making everything dusty around me. Please tell me if this is the normal case for people suffering from Eczema. Thank you.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Unfortunately it is common for eczema sufferers to experience the kind of "shedding" you describe. Dust, as a general rule, is nothing but dead skin after all, and since your eczema causes your skin to dry up and fall more copiously than it would happen to a person without skin problems, then you can expect as a result to find dead skin in every place where you happen to be or even just pass by.

You can find a wonderful natural help in keeping your skin hydrated and soft in Argan oil. It is rich in vitamin E, a good anti-oxidant and an essential vitamin for skin health; Omega 6 fatty acids, which are great at moisturising your skin; sterols, which are an effective anti-inflammatory; polyphenols, that provide relief from allergic reactions and rashes and help nourish the skin. All these substances can help your skin and reduce red rashes, irritation, itchiness. Argan oil will also keep the flare-ups to a minimum. You can easily find it on-line or in natural remedies stores in various sizes, so you can actually buy a small bottle to try and then see if it works for you.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hey Brent,

Your comment ended up in my e-mail through another forum and it has stuck in my head since I read it. While I was doing research on my skin ailment, I came across something that made me think of your post. Two suggestions: Coal Tar and CeraVe skin products. If you have already tried these approaches then please disregard but if not then I think it's worth a shot.

My skin issue is intolerable to me and when I read about yours, I really wanted to suggest something. You shouldn't have to live like that.

Good Luck

• Posted

Sounds very similar to my husband's case. His is also extremely itchy! Takes at least 20mins to clean our bed and room everyday. You're not alone. Also looking for answers. 
  • Posted

Since your post shows from over a year ago, I am curious if your condition has become better. I was prescribed numerous high blood pressure medications, and all of a sudden my skin started peeling all over my body. Even my eye lids. I bathed constantly in cool water and moisturized, but nothing has worked. I stopped taking my blood pressure medication to see if that would stop this uncomfortable situation. My doctor isn't taking this seriously. I am in pain. My skin is so tender. It makes it hard to fall asleep at night. I have gone three days without sleeping. My family has to dust constantly and vacuum because my skin flakes are everywhere. It is absolutely disgusting and I am extremely tired of dealing with this condition. Any response will help. I need to know how others with this cope. 

• Posted

My daughter is 13 years old and suffers with eczema all over her body.  I have taken her to dermatologists and allergists.  We find dead skin everywhere, we have tried to even moisturizer her skin and Saran Wrap at night to keep moisture in.  Don't know what's next but maybe try to Saran Wrap your legs and arms and abdomen after moisturizing at night and then putting pajamas over and see how that helps.  My heart goes out to you, I know the struggle because I see what it has done to my daughter.

• Posted

Have you done a ph test on.her For Alkaline she might be to acidity. What kind of food does she eat.
    • Posted

She eats like macaroni in a cup, tuna fish cereal with unsweetened aloud milk, and she also has ulcerative colitis,so it's hard to find things she likes

• Posted

You need to do a ph. level test.for Alkaline.all the foods she's eating are acidy.our body's are supposed to be 80% Alkaline. an 20 %ACID .but a lot of times it gets turned around.more greens.or research Alkaline foods more of that..so down alot.tired.an not much gusto.

• Posted

Thanks for the information..appreciate very much
    • Posted

There is a good vitamin that took me a long time to find.its a time releaseing.that means you get it 3 times a day.from puritan's pride.item no 3664 .I think that she is lacking iodine for the thyroid. Very very important.what started first .I think she's to acidy.it can cause thyroid problems .thyroid runs all glands .research.it including.the one for the skin.

• Posted

What kind of laundry detergent are you using. Got with nothing just water in her clothes and see if you .see a difference in the itching.none at all had to do it for two weeks.the soap was burning my skin.after that had to go to organic no dyes no sulfate.all organic.
    • Posted

Don't wrap her with .plastic.try to use less oils on her .your skin is a big gland for getting rid of toxic trow are skin.if you block the skin you could make a bigger problem. It will go to her kidneys .please don't block her skin .she will get lower back pain.for over working her kidneys. With toxins. Drink a lot of water flush kidneys outall thesesthings add up.check the humidity in your house it should be 45 to 55.any lower to dry. Get a temperature an humidity. Thermometer an hang it on the wall.you do all that you will see a change.there a little moisture miss.you can buy hardware store 25.00.call comfort zone model CZHD24.the skin is called sebaceous glands there are 3 layers on our bodys 5 hands an feet .it has to breathe

• Posted

It took us.thirty years to learn all this .and took vitamins.at a 11 years old 54 now.an still learning
    • Posted

Try AmLactin lotion. It does have a tengient sting when you first start applying it so talk to y

her dermatologist about it also. My dermatologist recommended this for me years ago and I wish I’d known of it when I was younger would have saved me years of self esteem issues.

There is also an oil based soap called Oilatum that works wonders. I have icthyosis vulgaris the Amlactin works great. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.