Skin rash, spreading?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It all started out with this random bump that wouldn't go away (it's the biggest), and now has spread to smaller bumps all around my body. They don't itch, they are slightly raised, and they won't go away. Cortizone doesn't work, and the doctor doesn't say it's anything serious (but i only had one bump when i went to see him, now i have 12).

Any idea what these are?!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3618862/Uploads/Pictures/Rash/photo%201.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3618862/Uploads/Pictures/Rash/photo%202.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3618862/Uploads/Pictures/Rash/photo%203.JPG

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jasen, the photos aren't clear enough for me. Maybe the camera is too close.

Have a look at Dermnet NZ, it is a very good site, with lots of photos. You might see something similar there.

What is the count now, are they still increasing?

• Posted

Yes they are increasing. I believe I have 18 now, but I have lost count. I think it may be ringworm.
  • Posted

Ringworm is very itchy. I'll put a link to Dermnetnz in the next post, links aren't always approved but it is an excellent site, so if my link doesn't show up, Google it
  • Posted

Have you done anything like change your washing powder lately? Or, it could be a contact dermatitis but, these things are generally itchy, even bites are itchy.

Perhaps you shower too often, or not often enough and, perhaps if you stop worrying, it might just vanish!

Has anything stressful happened in your life, that might result in a rash?

You have obviously tried a cortisone cream, have you tried an anti fungal cream, like Canesten? The generic name is Clotrimazole and if you ask for that, it will be much cheaper to buy. You can get a cream that has both drugs in it. Often just called Clotrimazole HC, or similar.

Good luck!

• Posted

It may be due to excess of heat in body you may opt for some hydrating food like for e.g : water melon or any juices.
  • Posted

Hi,

I am curious to know if you still have the rash or if you found out what it was.

I have the exact same rash and have had it for about 3 weeks now.

smile

• Posted

It got pretty bad and slightly itchy, but it didn't spread to any other part of my body. Eventually it started to fade and now it's completely gone. I had it for like 2-3 months.
  • Posted

That is interesting Jasen,  I'm glad you discovered what it was and it has now gone away.  I am sure other people will gain comfort from knowing that sometimes, rashes do go away.
  • Posted

Hi Jasen

I been having this issue for over 3 now. Currently living in LA. So far I have been in more than 50 diferent type of doctors in 10 diferent countries and at the end prednisone seems to be the only solution. Nothing shows on my blood exam apparently seems to be incurable . Since I'm dealing with it for long time I have found a solution to gain my confidence back and add this new hives as part of my life , k have noticed that it usually appears more when change of temperature occurs , or when I'm eating something condiments such can food or any type of meat , and ofcourse when I'm buse from alcohol .eventually you will notice that your feet and hands will get swollen sometimes your thong eyes head neck.. Yeah over the years it tend to be a habit . Here is a solution for you when you are having the reaction : - drink water , try to sweat by doing any exercise , shower on a temperature water with no scrabble neither any soap jut water , listen to music that calms your self and avoid think too much , add tons of aloe Vera lotion on your body after shower while its weat , take daily a pill call levicetron . You will experience a lot of shirt breath such is normal just be patient . Second choice is unfortunately to take 20mg prednisone , just keep in mind that it will make you look swallon since cortisone retains the liquid in your body , and make you fell hungry , but you will get use to it . The to avoid as much as you can this pills kills your bones . Create a habit of taking vitamins caps vitamin D and amor of calcium . I have over 20 diferent type of medicine and it doesn't help no more , when it's really bad I just go to ER and get a shot . It helps for couple weeks to clean my body then start the process of pills all over again . Exercise helps a lot as well as outdoors activities such stay in the sun , beach but not around plants . Little by little you will learn how to deal with it, I'm going for my 4th anniversary . A case research was opened for me at UCLA, non dermatologist wants to keep treating me , more than 300k dollars was spent with doctors and medication , but the solution is to control your thoughts and emotional . If you ever find a better solution please share .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.