Skin Wound?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here and am having a right THR on the 4th of May. I had a blister on my left heel about ten days ago that has left a tiny scab (smaller than my pinky nail). Do you think this will be a problem?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll have more questions, this site has been fab and you all seem a great support x

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Fluffy 

Am sure it wont cause any problem at all if its a dry scab . If oozing or inflammed give them a ring. And all the best for next wednesday xxx

• Posted

I wouldn't think so - look forward to hearing from you on the pain-free side of THR.

Graham - 🚀💃 

• Posted

Thank you, had my bed raised today and took delivery of a toilet frame, lovely man said I was too young for THR (I was 46 yesterday). I suppose it's nice too be called 'young' 😊. X
    • Posted

No I don't think it'll be a problem! When I went for my pre assessment I had lots of very red scratches on my arms and a few bruises ( I work with children with additional needs). The nurse advised me to keep my arms covered for the next week and to not get any new scratches. In the end it was fine - I still had a lot of scratches but surgeon was ok with them! I'm sure you'll be fine X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.