Skinny jeans and Irritation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive had issues with my vulva for about 2 years. Chronic itching to be exact. But now i seem to control it. Lately i cant wear skinny jeans anymore it makes my vulva so irritated and sore and itchy as well. I never dealt with this before. Does anyone deal with this? Idk what to do about it. My insurance will be terminated soon so i cant even go back to my Dermatologist and discuss. Im currently taking doxepin for the itching that has helped alot. But now this happened. Im thinking it could be nerve damage

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

HI jade2896

You may have a vaginal pH balance problem.  You need to use a vaginal pessary to control the acid balance and the itching. Along with this you should use a pH balanced feminine shower gel for that area. They can be bought over the counter at your local pharmacy/chemist. Ask the pharmacist to recommend a vaginal pessary for the itching and a feminine shower gel. Both these products will bring the vaginal pH balance back to normal and stop the itching..... best wishes.. 

• Posted

May i ask how old you are? Im 53 and this is common during menapauae. It took me 2 trips to my Gyno to finally have him tell me. I cudnt understand, wasnt yeast infection, no infection, just irritation especially during and after sex (discomfort) this was MY experience.

Kimmi

• Posted

Another thing did u mention uv been to the Gyni. Most people dont realize this but i had atopical, means it was the skin and nothing to do w ph balance or insude. It was a type of dermatitus like psoriasis. Ill just say it, i thot I had the Herp, aftet tests from 2 Gynos, an ER nurse and the Health dpmt i finally was told to see a Dermatologist. Go see a Dermatologist! Id bet everything iv got its a derm problem. I have lots of experience w this. And yes a Detmatologist will do a pelvic.

Do it, u may thank me.

Kimmi

• Posted

Hi jade2896

How you doing now?

How often do you wear skinny jeans? Obiviously our bodies have natural discharges that go onto out knickers :S but having them rub closely against our bodies by our tight clothing can cause ph balance changes and infections. (I know this from personal experience). You have may to ditch the skinny jeans and find other jeans that don't rub against your lady area so tightly. I've heard recently skiny jeans are bad for leg circulation too so maybe as trendy as they are its time to look for a new style smile Take Care smile

• Posted

Yes ive noticed that. Sometimes i use baby ointments to give myself some type of relief while wearing skinny jeans but it only helps a little. I'm planning on changing my whole wardrobe now 😕which sucks but i have to do what i have to do

• Posted

Hey girl,

doubt you have nerve damage. Most likely, not enough air down there. Have you been tested for yeast infection ? Also , wear cotten panties only, use a PH balannced soap as well, ask your pharmacist for an over the counter brand you can purchase, its cheap. Cut down on any yeast products, like Beer and Bread, AND wear looser clothes down there for better circulation and air. you need to see a Gyno, not the dermatologist. Goodluck, hope this helps,

• Posted

Yes ive done all of the above.Nothing seems to work.
    • Posted

if you have tried all the reccomended remedies for at least 2 weeks, with no improvement, look up vulvavaginitis, there are several types and many reccomendations, surgical incisions being a last resort and rare. It will take at least 2 weeks to heal using the above reccomdations. If you have swelling,redness, and pain with intercourse or tampon, and it is NOT Dermatitis, it may be a form of Vulvavaginitis. Google it and match your symptems, And you have had a pap smear and seen the GYNO ?
  • Posted

Hi Jade2896,

Firstly, you shouldn't be wearing tight jeans. It inhibits blood flow through that area.im surprised you haven't had a Bartholin's cyst yet!? Secondly, have you been swabbed & tested for thrush (candida)? If it's a simple case of thrush, then the easy way to tackle it is to apply ' LIVE ' yoghurt to your vagina. It's simple, yet effective. My pregnant patients use it over & over again, as thrush is very common in pregnancy. If this way doesn't appeal to you, then check with your GP to see if he'll give you a prescription for 'Canestan.' 

Thirdly.........get rid of those jeans!!!!

• Posted

No i dont have any infections i always get checked. I have had a cyst before on my vulva it was so painful. Yea i guess i will really have to stop wearing jeans

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.