Sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sometimes I get so sad that it's all I can think about and I can't even escape through sleep. How do I get to sleep

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

try herbal teas , they usually do the trick for me , Chamomile is very effective , but you have to experiment to see which one is the best for you.
  • Posted

Hi,

Occupy your brain before bedtime, watch a documentary, read a light hearted book. For me the only thing that works is playing on a ps3 or ps4. It tires my brain and I go to sleep within 5 minutes of my head hitting the pillow.

Different things work for different brains.

• Posted

Hi syena,

I find that meditation work especially well for sleep,just Google guided sleep meditation put your headphones in and relax, works for me everytime hope it helps you to, Jason Stevenson's ones are good

• Posted

I use Relaxation Techniques

Mindfullness will help you relax and hopfully sleep, If you can control your fears and concerns

If not already go see your GP and explain your low mood

Do you know why you are feeling so low and depressed ? To know the reasons will help you be able to control your Depression

If you need to talk I am around

BOB

• Posted

Are you on medications for depression? Some can help with sleep. The other way is medicine for sleep. If you can get sleep with the other suggestions, thats best. I never was able to get sleep either. For many years I have had trouble sleeping. Not being able to sleep is rough. I hope you get some sleep whatever method you use.
  • Posted

Hi Syena - sorry to read of your dilemma. I guess the fundamental question is why are you so sad? What is the trigger for it? Is it a daily, weekly, monthly or seasonal affliction? How long have you suffered these spells? Whatever the answers the situation requires affirmative action, and the best place to start is your doctor. Discuss it with him/her and suggest perhaps therapy might help solve the problem. Therapy is not a crime - in fact it takes a strong person to allow themselves the space to be vulnerable and open up. It's important that you are comfortable with the therapist/counsellor/psychologist, which will take time so don't expect miracles the first time. Once you dig beneath the layers of conciousness you will learn more about yourself and be able to confront the issue, recognise it, and learn coping mechanisms to tackle any future issues. Sleep is very important for the regenerative qualities required by mind and body. To be deprived of sleep can exacerbate problems and they can swing out of control. Don't worry - there is help out there, you just have to go and get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.