Sleep apnea causing dizziness, tremors, urine incontinence, weak knees?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've been suffering from a bunch of degenerative symptoms since Apr 2015.

Initially, it was just a sense of constant floatiness and dizziness.

Then in Mar 2016, I started experiencing mild tingles on my face and arms.

In Jul 2016, constant tremors on both hands and cheeks started showing, along with random muscle twitches all over the body.

In late Dec 2016, I started experiencing a constant need to urinate (average once an hour).

3 weeks back, my knees started to feel really weak and cramp/tight.

Discomfort when walking.

I've seen a bunch of doctors (ENT, cardiologist, sleep clinic, neck/spine, 2 diff neuros) and done a bunch of tests (blood, thyroid, MRI brain, MRI neck, 24hr ECG, sleep tests, nerve conduction).

Only the sleep study showed a finding of mild OSA (10.9).

My neuro thinks my symptoms are caused by sleep apnea but I'm not sure I convinced.

Can sleep apnea really cause the kind of symptoms I'm experiencing?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can. I was diagnosed a year ago after seeing more than a dozen doctors, none of whom mentioned sleep apnea. I self referred to a sleep neurologist. After a sleep study I was found to have severe sleep apnea with my oxygen level dipping to the mid 70's at night. My initial symptoms were dizziness, a lot of yawning, fatigue, anxiety, hard heartbeat at night, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, sinus issues, ear fullness, muscle aches, and urinating every hour at night. As soon as I started the CPAP my symptoms starting fading away. It took me about a year on CPAP for major improvements since mine was severe.

Good luck.

• Posted

Oh and I forgot to mention terrible brain fog and numbness in fingers and lips. Blood work was done to check for b12 deficiency but normal.
  • Posted

Hi, was wondering how your symptoms are at the moment (assuming u had your sleep apnea treated).

I have the same symptoms (twitchy hands, face tingles, weak knees).

I have done a sleep study and I have 45 disturbances an hour when on my back, so in a highly affected category. 

It's been found I have an underdeveloped jaw and this has led to the condition. Im going to get it shifted forward and teeth straightened with braces so this should fix it long term, I need a cpap in the interim though to help me through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.