sleep deprivation taking its toll on me...

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello Im new on this forum, recently I have had a really bad phase in my life starting with a massive panic attack which started my insomnia.

This lasted for three weeks now and i feel worse everyday. bone loss and muscle loss are one of the consequences not to mention anhedonia lack of concnetration and bad memory. I believe my obssesive thinking has led to all of this but I cant shake it off and i feel like my cortisol levels are at an all time high. I dont sweat properly anymore and I feel like the living dead. Could i be a thyroid problem that isn't letting me relax and sleep at night? I'm in my early 20's and don't want to die this way, I just want to get better but I get worse by the hour. 

I tried every sleeping pill under the sun but it doesn't seem to have any effect on me anymore, I don't even get any side effects i.e. headaches drowsiness or aches. 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Lack of sleep , causes memory and concentration problems and tired and weakness in the muscles. And if your stressing about all of this your making yourself worse . Have you actually seen a doctor.

I would also advise you to cut choclates and sugars out of your diet . As these raise your anxiety levels and drain your energy. I did this a while back and my stress and anxiety just dropped so much , you wouldn't believe. It. And I got my energy back. I go walking every morning now. And this also is great in reducing stress levels. And helps you sleep better at night.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey michelle, I crave chocolate and sweets and so i had a lot of sugar today and have a bad headache now... could it be that sugar is making my anxiety worse? 

My obsessive thoughts are making me think that i'll never sleep again but I now got to the point where im sick of all of this and just want to sleep so my bad thoughts are slightly going away.  

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi desi.

You sound like I was. I was craving choclate the whole time. I was buying multi pack in the morning and again in the afternoon. I just couldn't get enough. Then I was so tired I kept eating choclate to give me energy. But then my energy would just drop to zero and I'd eat more. But my anxiety went through the roof. I was afraid to stay home alone. I was afraid to drive by myself. I thought I was going mad. I was afraid of every thing. But I gave up the choclates etc because I had put on a bit of weight. And low and behold when I stopped eating it. My anxiety just dropped . I couldn't believe it. I have my life back . And I even go walking every morning now which is also brilliant for the head. But before I was afraid to go for a walk . So I m sure this answers your question. It is so worth it not eating all this choclate. And know even if the kids are eating choclate I, I don't even want it. Good luck with this. 😀

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Desi, I think we need to focus on the route of your problem. The "massive panic attack" you had sounds concerning. In order to really address this issue, it would be helpful If you could provide more details about this issue, so that we can better help solve your insomnia. If you're not comfortable sharing this information publically, then feel free to send me an email or message. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

One thing you could try is put something like Rosemary oil on your pillow. Sometimes this can help as some other herbs to make you sleep

Give it a try

BOB

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up