Sleep.....this is a fantastic find.....

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have bought myself a body pillow, a big long one, it have it behind my back, it goes between my knees and it is bliss....a bit like being in a cocoon. I have found it helps my comfort in bed tremendously.  I can get a reasonable measure of sleep now, it's not a miracle cure for 8 hours a night, but oh, it's soo comfy.

I am now 4 weeks and 4 days post op. 

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I looked at one of those a few weeks back but was unsure have made myself one which is alot smaller but sufficient.
  • Posted

Thank u Jackie i try this hopefully i will have a better sleep

And longer not 3 hours and then wake and than sleep 2 hours and wake again.

Madla

• Posted

Hi,

If this doesn't help ask your doctor to prescribe amytiptyline.I had my first full night sleep after 2 nights taking it..In small doses 10 mg it is used for pain and sleep as it helps you relax

Good luck

Janet

• Posted

Im going see the doctor tomorrow i will ask for it and hopefully

l will have good nignt sleep. Thank u for advice.

Madla

• Posted

Hi Janet,

Is this the correct spelling for the medication you take to help sleep & pain?

I tried googling it but it did not come up, only one with a different spelling which was described as an antidepressant .

Thank you

Betty ( soon to be an official hippie)

• Posted

Hi,

Amytiptyline is an antidepressant in large dosages but in low dose is for pain and sleeping.Aryhritis UK website has info

Janet

My GP says they use it a lot

• Posted

Sleeping on your back presumably?!
    • Posted

Yes, I am still sleeping on my back, however, with this tucked along my back, I find that I can go slighter over to my side, using this pillow as support. 
  • Posted

hi jackie , 

isn't it great !!!!   where did you find/buy it?

thanks fo sharing 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee, available from Aldi,  mine is a Slumberdown, cost me £11.99, that included a cover. Worth every penny.

Good luck, Renee xx

• Posted

Hi Jackie. Where did you get yours from as I have been thinking about getting one. 11 weeks post op and still not sleeping very well. Thanks Polly
    • Posted

Polly, mine was from Aldi, £11.99 including a case, but they are widely available on Amazon. Highly rcommend!!!

Good luck!!   xx

• Posted

Hi Jackie. Is yours more like a long bolster pillow, or a full body pillow that looks long and oval shape that you can sleep with  your head on it? There looks like 2 different types. 

Thanks Poly

• Posted

Hi Polly,

Mine is a Slumberdown Body Pillow, its just like a big long pillow, not oval shape, I still use my own pillows for head....I hope this helps xx

• Posted

Thanks very much Jackie. I will now go and order one. I just need a good night's sleep :o)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.