Slept on arm wrong, woke up with arm asleep, worried about blood clots..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was tired last night and ended up sleeping on the couch. When I woke up this morning I could barely move one arm. After rolling over and shaking it a bit it felt like all the blood started rushing into. However I've read that its actually the nerves starting to function again you feel. I'm worried I could get a blood clot and that feeling is kind of scary. It rarely happends but can you get a blood clot from sleeping on your arm wrong, or am I just compressing the nerves?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You do have health anxiety. You will be fine. Give it some time and try not to focus in it. You do not have a blood clot.
  • Posted

I do that a few times each night, and if I fall asleep in an armchair I wake up with a broken neck!
    • Posted

Oh, Iris! I've done that, too.

Except it isn't a broken neck - just pain from an unsupported head, as you know - but it hurts, bonny lass, it hurts.

love Tess

• Posted

\I think you just slept on it, Joe.

If you were going to have a blood clot you'd have had it by now.

Howevere, in all my thirty years as a nurse I never once saw anyone with a blood clot in their arm.

Yes, try to keep calm - you were just compressing the nerves.

love from Tess xx

• Posted

I had multi bilateral PEs last year.....it wasn't nice at all

• Posted

I can well imagine, Iris. You've really been through the mill, haven't you.

Lots of love from Tess

• Posted

i woke up this morning and my arm was hurting really bad i could barley move it. My arm has been sore all day still feels like it is cramping and i am kinda scared im only 20 and im not on any medication i just dont want a blood clot

• Posted

Oh you do havce anxiety, We all wake up with our limbs asleep. You don't have a blood clot, but sounds like you need to be on an antidepressant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.