Slowly coming of sertraline

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been tapering of for the last 8months ,I've gone from a 100mg to 100mg every other day and now to 50mg every day for the last 3 months and my withdrawal symptoms seem to be getting worse ,but I don't want to go back on a higher dose .

I've been on these tablets for 18 years and never tried to come of them ,plus my doctor has never asked how I'm doing.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm currently tapering myself for the past 4weeks was on 200mg now at 150mg

I still take it every day to avoid side effects but just cut a little bit of the tablet as a time   

• Posted

Are you getting any side effects,mine are awful.
    • Posted

Hi Daisy121 no haven't had any in the past 4weeks I would say for you to keep taking them daily but just cut down slowly it will stop all the nasty side effects you don't have to go back up to 100mg I would say keep on the 50mg every day for the next 2weeks then cut a little bit of daily       

• Posted

I've been on 50 for 3 months now and still getting these side effects 😞

• Posted

apologies missed read that bit . ok you have 2 options really you could stick with it until the side effects subside or and this is what I would advise because of the length of time you were on 100mg

is take 75mg for at least 6weeks so that your body stabilisers so to speak then slowly cut down from there I know it a pain to say the least but its a lot better then the withdraws you are currently getting

hope this help         

• Posted

Yes I could try that thanks for your suggestion 👍🏻

• Posted

your welcome anytime let us know how you get on 

take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.