Small amounts of blood on tissue paper after pooping

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm a 24 year old male who is generally in good health physically, although this issue has been worrying me for some time. 

Around Autumn last year I noticed blood in the toilet when I pooped, bright red blood with no pain, and I simply put this down to piles and as days went on I no longer noticed it and all was good. 

Around October/November last year, although there wasn't any visible blood in the toilet when I pooped, I did notice bits of blood on the tissue when wiping, and I have been experiencing this in parts till this day. 

Generally I can go 1-2 days without noticing anything when wiping. What usually happens is that when I first begin wiping after pooping I don't notice any blood at all, and it's only when i've nearly finished wiping after wiping several times that I notice blood on the tissue, almost the same amount you'd get if you pricked your finger, bright red etc;

Sometimes it's almost that little amount of blood that you really have to look at the paper for a few seconds to notice it, although I tend to find the more I wipe the more blood is visible in general, but still around the same amount you'd get if you cut your finger etc;

I personally feel it may be some kind of cut or something slightly inside the anus as it feels somewhat pleasent when I wipe, almost the same feeling you get when you itch a sore part of your body. 

For quite a while now I have also suffered with anxiety, so this has somewhat made me feel less inclined to go the doctors about this issue, and I suppose i'm just writing on here to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patrick,

if there is blood you MUST see a doctor. The explanation maybe perfectly harmless such as small fissures which would leave blood on the toilet paper and which could easily be cured by applying a specific cream. 

The blood could however indicate something more serious. I ignored blood on the toilet paper and in the stool for about  2 years, thinking it was  from haemorrhoids until one night I was taken into hospital with severe bleeding and cramping. It turned out that I had 6cm big growth in the colon/rectum which - so I was told - was a sheer miracle that it had not turned cancerous yet.  The operation nearly turned me into a "badlady". Again I was lucky for a second time and spared the worst. What this taught me was that trying to ignore symptoms for fear of being ridiculous or being embarassed is not worth risking ones life for.

Don't be afraid of seen a doctor. They are used to this kind of thing. 

If you are an anxious person anal fissures can be made worse from the tension - and the blood will do the rest to prey on your mind. 

So, please, go and see a doctor and find out that the blood is really quite harmless. Whatever it is it needs to be treated.

• Posted

Hello - you said that you let it go for about two years...how often was it happening? If you don’t mind me asking... I am experiencing something similar but I usually will say to myself, if a symptom is reoccurring for a couple of weeks I’ll go see a doctor. However this is something that I have seen maybe every 5-6 months only. when it happens again I think, "oh I forgot about that I wonder if I should be concerned about it?" from research online and talking with relatives I am assuming it might be hemorrhoids that are internal which can be painless. however because of the fact that it is a reoccurring issue I’m wondering if I should be more concerned about something serious as you mentioned? When it was happening to you was it like every day or every few days.. or was it in frequent like this? Thank you!

• Posted

If the only symptom you have is bleeding, you need yo go see your doctor. Blood is coming from somewhere and you need to find out.
  • Posted

Hi Patrick,

I have exactly the same. How did things turn out for you?

Sam

• Posted

I have exactly the same problem for a month now, I am getting stressed up by this but too afraid of seeing the doctor. Have your condition improved overtime??

-worried

• Posted

Hi Patrick,

Sounds like its either a fissure or internal hemorrhoids, since you didn't mention anything about any pain, I'm leaning more toward the hemorrhoids. If you haven't done anything to remedy the situation, that might be the reason why you have the flare ups every so often that they bleed.

What has helped mine heal and keep them at bay are sitz baths after a BM. You also need to make sure you are drinking enough water and eating fiber, it helps to not strain when using the bathroom which can also make them bleed.

Hope you find a solution!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.