small kidney stones

Posted , 3 users are following.

I ended up in ER the other night with kidney pains.  They put me on an IV for fluids and pain, then did a CT scan without contrast and found both my kidneys full of small stones that they said I should be able to pass easily, and a benign cyst on my left kidney, and both kidneys full of infection.  They then put antibiotic in my IV that took an hour, then sent me home with script for the antibiotic for 10 days.  I have only took 2 antibiotics so far and I am still in so much pain that I can't sit, lay or walk without pain that makes me cry.  My Urologist don't want to see me until March 10th and just wants me to finish my antibiotics first.  Should they have done a CT scan "with" contrast?  I don't notice whether or not that I am pasing any stones.  I am beside myself with this pain.  What is your suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know your pain. I'm so sorry. Did they send you home with pain killers? That's the only way really sad

• Posted

No pain killers just a script for antibiotic pills 1 a day for 10 days 500mg.  I take Oxycodone for my back pain as I had 3 failed back surgeries in the last 4 years, but even that doesn';t help me.  Do you have any recommendations

• Posted

I've found the only relief I ever get when a stone is moving is by getting in the shower and put it as hot as you can withstand. Let the water hit right on the pain. For me it helps a lot. Whenever I'm passing a stone I literally take like 8 showers a day. Don't try a heating pad either cause That never worked for me. Hope this small tip gives you some relief.

• Posted

Thank you, but I have  been taking hot showers and it hasn't helped me but maybe I need to do it more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.