Small labia minors and borax

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ladies, my dermatologist advised me I have small inner labia - labia minora. Now I don't know what they were like before LS so I can't comment. I do know one side is much smaller than the other and both appear small compared to googling them. 

'I've been putting the borax on for maybe 5 months now and although it helps overall symptoms. I'm wondering if any of you ladies have seen an improvement who have small labia. I'd say they don't appear to have fused, more shrunk away.

Perhps there re any ladies out there who have small labia and feel they have stopped any further shrinkage?

Any thoughts on this would be great. I've also posted on the experiment with borax thread but maybe this will reach some who are not following that thread.

thanks ladies 😊

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I use the borax and distilled water on toilet paper after every bathroom trip. I keep it in a plastic squirt bottle and just wet the toilet paper with it before wiping. I took myself off Clobetasol, Elidel and Taclonex....off brand, 7 months ago. I am now in all-over-body topical steroid withdrawl and that is a nightmare, but temporary. The good part is my genital area healed up almost immediately and my fusing, bad skin, soreness, itching and white patches are completely back to normal, plump, pink and healthy with no fusing, scars or missing parts. I had fusing before and all that goes with it. I truly believe the tiny amount of powerful steroids I used for 2 or 3 years has temporarily ruined my whole human system. I am thankful the borax and water solution has cured the genital area. I am thinking of trying it on the skin all over the rest of my body that the steroid withdrawal has caused me to have eczema and burning skin on...arms, legs, back, abdomen, scalp. Never had skun problems or eczema before using topical steroids! My dermatologist just kept giving me more steroids as it continued to spread...hindsite is 20/20. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks eyebtwinkle. Sounds like you have the same protocol as I have at the toilet! I don't have many symptoms now too, although I have seen the skin return and the labia minora on one side improve slightly, I'm just wondering if it was always be so small or if there is a chance for it to go back to normal/larger than what appears to be a few millimetres in size. Tbh I don't see any fusion, it's just as though it's shrunk in size.

imthink its worth trying the borax on other parts of your body, perhaps you can do it like as a patch test on different areas to see how you respond before using on a wider area? 

Personally I do still use protropic 2x a week in addition to coconut oil, and emuaid . 

• Posted

I haven't used Borax yet.  I was a little nervous about trying but after discussing with my mom and finding out that my grandma used Borax for many health issues I am going to give it a try.  I am sorry that I cannot help you with that issue but how you describe yourself is exactly as I am.  Sometimes it is hard to tell where my exact issue is.  sad 

• Posted

Thanks Mellisa, do you mean in terms of labia size? I just don't see any seams of fusion, it just appears like small parts of my inner labia if that makes sense! I was a bit skeptic all with the borax but can safely report I haven't had any negative symptoms since using. I started with putting a 1/4tsp of borax in a small amount of water and then using a cotton bud to run over the area once a day. After a couple of months I started putting it instead of bicarbonate of soda in the spray bottle which I place on toilet tissue after wiping and pat down. Today I thought I'd try the site bath and thought I'd do that for a few months and see if it makes any difference as to what it is today. its difficult to know what to do for the best really. Thanks

• Posted

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes I meant in size.  I might have a tad bit of fusing on one side but it just seems like my inner labia is small.  Again, i never really studied myself before the diagnosis so I don't even know what I looked like before. 

• Posted

Also thanks for the borax update.  I am going to try it.  I just posted on that discussion board because I am not sure if I should discontinue my steroid while trying borax or still use it twice a week.
    • Posted

Thanks Melissa, good to know I'm not alone here.

yes many people have given up on the steroids. I don't use them I use the alternative protropic. I'm not yet ready to give it up completely. Once I'm distressed I may consider it.

• Posted

As I mentioned earlier - all returned back to normal, except the minor labia. 
  • Posted

im so happy that the borax treatment worked for you. Im haveing a lot of worries about this disease, its driving me crazy. I have looked for the borax treatment and I cant seem to find it. Can you tell me what the mix is and we are talking about borax cleaner correct? I would like to try doing this. Right now my gyno has  me putting on a strong steriod cream which helps with the itching and redness,( external) But what am I supposed to put on the white patches that appear more  to inside? Do you know what the difference is between using borax and baking soda is? Help

I have been trying to pinpoint what caused my first breakout. I came to this. After my hystorectomy I got an infection and became septic with a rather large blood clot and after about a week of being on heavy doses of antibiotics and 12 other meds I started heavy itching in the vaginal area. Thought it was a yeast infection because of the antibiotic, that would always appear with this medicine when i would take it Then having sex was horrible. I just played that off as just having surgery and not having it for 6 weeks. So I am curious to when you started your  symptoms?

My fear now is that Im going to lose all my girl parts to this disease and will not be able to have sex with my husband. 

• Posted

Hi Jane,

please see see the link to the experiment with borax discussion here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/an-experiment-with-borax-502021

I also do believe my hysterectomy was the cause or start of my LS 4 years ago. 

Yes i I have the same fear as you, I'm hoping the borax will keep it at bay along with the mixture of lotions and potions I have: coconut oil, emu oil, emuaid and protropic cream. To be honest I vary what I use when I go to the bathroom and use protropic 1-2x a week. I found the white patches gradually disappeared when I keep vigilant with the regime. If I slack off I start to get an itch so go straight back to my regime and within a day I'm normally good.

Im only 46 so I sincerely hope I can keep my girly bits a good few more years with this regime. On that note I'm off to have a borax site bath while I remember today x

• Posted

I also have small Labia, there doesn't seem to be anything left of the bottom third and the rest is really small. only the top third is really there properly. I've been on Borax and stopped the steroid exactly a year ago. I wish I'd taken a photo of my starting point but I didn't think of it until I'd been on Borax for a month. The immediate change was an improvement in colour and plumpness. In the first month I noticed some unfusing of my vagina, nothing really in the labia. They gradually got a bit bigger but not much.

The biggest difference I noticed was after a two week holiday. It was a family camping holiday with two teenagers, so not entirely without stresses! I couldn't follow my usual care plan in communal showers, so I just sloshed a lot of borax on every other day and hoped for the best. I also had a city break a couple of weeks later with my daughter and her godmother in a shared room, ditto to care plan. I took the view that as long as I wasn't itching I'd sort myself out when school started again. I refuse to be hostage to LS.

It was a week after they went back when I dared to have a look (not so much bravado now!) Honestly I was the best I'd ever been, from only having a small top third of my labia left, I now had a normal looking two thirds.

Sadly, the second holiday (Italy, too much Ice cream) got me craving sugar again and I kept saying 'just this one, then I'll give it up again,' right up to , and through Xmas. I'm back down to a third left again.

I don't know if being on holiday was the key, or if I've gone backwards because of sugar. I'm now off it again. Wouldn't it be wonderful if holidays could be prescribed...? Just thougt I'd share my experience with you.

• Posted

Thanks for your update. 

Your labia sound like mine on the left hand side. top 3rd being there near clitoris, tiny seam on the middle 3rd and nothing on the bottom 3rd towards the Perenium. My right hand side labia seems a little more formed and just very small or shrunken.

Interesting to note in regards to your holiday and how everything improved. Although the second holiday and all the sugar sound like it definitely had an impact - how long do you think it took to lose that 3rd again?

I have been using the borax only as a spray after the toilet and had not been too vigilant. At first it seemed to help with releasing the labia on the left and like you I could see a ridge come back. I then had a lot of stress and I think the labia started to disappear again. Three days ago after my last trip I decided to start using the borax in a sitz bath. I have put a teaspoon in each time. Today I'm feeling quite tender/sore and ordering if that is unfusing  taking place or if maybe I used too much. I'm sore on both sides, although more on the right side. Have been sore for the last 8hrs since waking up. It's not an itch or anything I can't deal with, but I know it's there all the time if that makes sense. But, I can say I think I have more labia again on the left hand side than before.

I'm going to keep up the sitz bath for a week or two and see how things progress. I haven't yet given up the protropic.

I'm wondering if you know of any good sites on the internet to take a look at labia size to get an idea of what is normal and what is not?

Good luck with cutting out sugar. I try and not take much although I do like my wine and a Diet Coke so it's not easy to cut them out for me.

• Posted

Hi Samantha, Wikipedia! I serched and searched and could only find aartists impressions, then Wikipedia came up trumps, search 'vulva.' There's also something called 'The Labia Library' which I can't get because of all the blocks I've got on at home for the kids, but sounds like it should be useful.

With the Borax, more isn't necessarily better. Try a weaker solution and maybe use it twice a day rather than a stronger one once.

When I say I'm off sugar, we have pots of jam from the garden and I can't give that up, so it's one slice of toast and a thin bit of jam for breakfast, and then no other sugar. I wish I was stronger willed but...

I strongly believe that moderation is the key to good health, so I'm not going to get stressed and rigid about my food, and that seems to work well for me. It's not going to be for everyone, and some people react much more than I do and need to be more careful. It's all about finding the balance that works for you.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi, yes sugar is a necessity at time! Not easy to give up, but ok for me in moderation. 

I googled and found information as vulva size pictures. Turns out on a number of sites it says one labia tends to be larger than the other, with the right being larger than the left - which is in my case. 

I've  started the sitz baths every day to second day and will see how they progress. The burning only lasted that one day so maybe it's fusing unleashing like some say. ill give it a month or so me see how things are. 

Right now now I don't feel any issues or see any so I shall keep up my little routine on LS and hopefully one day see a little more labia! If it ever existed!

• Posted

Hi, Im curious to know if the borax helped with the labia shrinkage? i notice i have one extremely smaller ans not fused labia and the bottom half towards the anus has transformed/blended in/no fused with the vulva. Just wanted to know what you did to help manage the shrinkage. Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.