Small reddish bumps inside vaginal lips / on urethral opening? *PHOTOS* STD or something else??

Posted , 29 users are following.

So maybe starting about a month ago I started having some burning in my vagina almost every time after having sex, and it was with a new guy that I've been seeing (and currently still am) - and in all honesty we had a LOT of sex and my vagina definitely took a lot. The burning sometimes lasted more than a day which started to concern me, but it would always get better eventually. 

However, yesterday when we started to have sex I noticed that when he touched the area inside my vaginal lips (like near the opening of my vagina, near my urethral opening, by my clitoris, etc.) there was a burning pain, and the same burning pain also happened right when he first put his penis inside of my vagina. It was only slightly painful/burned at the beginning of us having sex but after a while when we continued to have sex I didn't notice any kind of pain or burning at all for the rest of the time. We started using a new water-based lubricant about 2 weeks ago when we have sex, and it doesn't feel anything but great so I dont' really think it would be a reaction to that. I guess I'm just worried that these are symptoms of an STD - I'm mostly nervous that it could be herpes from what I have been obsessively reading online - and if it is then I NEED to tell him becuase we had unprotected sex (I know that's not smart but I'm not here to be judged please). What do you guys think? Also, these bump or pimples or whatever they are look like they are kind under the skin, are mostly red but have a slightly whiteish hue if that makes sense? They're not blisters or anything that is filled with fluid as far as I can tell. They are only sensitive / I only notice them when I touch them, and the pain is a burning sensation. I'm freaking out and I really don't know what to do - I can't go see my OBGYN for another week becuase I am leaving for a trip tomorrow and won't be back until next weekend, and I really don't want to spend my time away constantly worrying about what this could be (but I know that's probably what is going to happen). Any ideas/ advice / opinons? 

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

There does look like a small marks in the middle I hope things work out OK for you

Good luck

• Posted

Did you find out what it is I have the same exact thing going on and am freaking out as well please update this thread sad
    • Posted

yep it was just little abrasions from having sex - nothing to worry about!
    • Posted

What did u do to get rid of them 😩because I might have the same thing too and I'm scared because this has never happened to me before

• Posted

Hey i have the same thing and i was freaking out as well, mine doesnt burn it is just itchy but its the exact same thing and this was so hard to find because every other picture didnt look the same except this one . Doesnt hurt when i pee or touch it its just itchy. Please help and let me know how long it took to go away ! Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Kassandra, Do still have those itchy bumps? Cause I have the same as yours. Pleaseee help. I'm freaking out too! Thanks!

• Posted

My sis had the same thing. .....it just kept spreading around but she took this drug that killed it within three days,I just can't remember the name.  .....hold up 

• Posted

My sis had the same thing. .....it just kept spreading around but she took this drug that killed it within three days,I just can't remember the name.  .....hold up 

• Posted

I’m only 16 I have the exact same thing but I tested for stds and the test came out negative but I still have no idea what it is. And I know I should be having a lot of sex at my age but I do so I was very scared that I had an std. I don’t know what to do anymore bc when my doctor checked they didn’t open and look inside like my vagina they just thought it was the razor bumps so im ganna go back and have them check correctly bc I really want to know what this is. 
    • Posted

I meant shouldn’t be having a lot of sex ^
    • Posted

Looks like warts to me. They’re from HPV, but the strain that causes warts doesn’t cause cervical cancer so that’s the silver lining. Most people have some form of HPV. You can get the warts inside and outside the vagina and anus. It lies dormant and outbreaks can occur when your immune system is weak. You can get them frozen or burnt off or use an acidic cream your OBGYN prescribes. They may go away on their own, and some people never experience them again after the initial outbreak. For me, I’ve had them twice during my pregnancies, but they went away within 3 month after delivery. Eat healthy and avoid sugary or acidic foods, alcohol, etc. 

An STD screening doesn’t usually test for warts and they are often misdiagnosed. Don’t freak out though! Could be ingrown hairs, pimples, or cysts too. If they itch a lot and are in clusters it’s likely warts. Tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar are popular at-home treatments for warts, but will sting a bit. 

• Posted

I find it very odd that "they" would suggest maybe it's razor bumps; because it's on the labia minora- which is the "hairless inner labia"... it's the putter labia, the majora ,that grow the hair... 

so I doubt you were shaving the labia minora and near your urethra etc... 

Sometimes yeast infections can cause "bumps" similar to these... 

we also have glands in this area that we can't really see- but maybe if your vulva area is inflamed from an infection it may make it more noticeable ...? 

• Posted

Having an ingrown hair right there would be extremely unlikely... 

also it doesn't resemble an ingrown hair..  also doesn't look like pimples to me- 

From this photo she shared (if this is how yours looks) I really don't see anything alarming 

Often we aren't as familiar with our genitals as we may think we are; especially at a young age.. 

Btw I'm responding again really in response to the other person who replied to you- 

& hpv may not show up in std testing; but I can bet money that your gyno will test for that regardless... since it is such a "common" thing- they typically check for that. 

To me it looks like papillae- but I'm not a doctor 

Practice safe sex always!! (Remember, you don't only need to be safe during intercourse - but also with oral sex!!) 

Be careful &  diligent with your  hygiene ,& don't use any scented products for your vagina or things like  douching .. and you should be good!! 😊

• Posted

Try washing the outside of vulva including labia then douching with 1 to 4 ratio of white vinegar and clean, cool, water. As often as necessary (no more that 6 times per day)

Keep as Dry and cool as possible.also, IF you partake in cunnillingus , make SURE that your partner practices oral hygiene at Least, 30 minutes before. Rinse with water after. It sounds like yeast to me.  The mouth contains a high amount of yeast. Adding them to your vulva may be too much at one time. 

Of course, Abstinance, for Now, will cure/ pinpoint what the problem is. 

I pray that this was helpful. Remember, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND WORTH ALL THINGS GOOD!

Glow 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.