small ulcer tip of tongue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

for the last 3 months I've had one of those small white ulcers on the tip of my tongue.

I went to my doctors and they referred me to an ent clinic.

The ent clinic says it's nothing to worry about, but they need to cut the end of my tongue off and stitch it back up.  They said this was standard protocol!

Has anybody else experienced this?  Does anybody know of a natural/medicinal way to cure/remove the ulcer before they hack the end of my tongue off and destroy my sense of taste?

I'm scheduled to get this done in a couple of months, been trying all kinds of treatments but nothing seems to work - it just stays there!

Regards,

Steve

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you, I to had an ulser under my tongue that wouldn't go away. They insisted it needed to be biopsied and removed. It was tested for cancer and bacteria.the results were negative. As a result of that nerve damaged was caused and I have been living a nightmare ever since. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Steve, I had a problem with one of these little white spots on the tip of my tongue for several weeks (though not as long as you). It hurt all the time too. When I asked my very elderly dentist about it - he was on the point of retiring - he actually advised me to hold pieces of pineapple in my mouth against the ulcer! He said fresh was best, but canned would do.

I must say I have no idea whether or not this would have worked. I actually detest the taste of pineapple - I don't have a sweet tooth, and find it quite nauseating. I therefore put it on the back burner for a couple more weeks, intending to try it if the thing didn't go away. In the event, it disappeared spontaneously a week after the visit to the dentist.

I don't see how trying pineapple for a couple of weeks could hurt, even if it doesn't help - provided you can stomach the taste.

If it does help you, please come back on here and let me know. I get these things every couple of years, and if I ever got one that didn't go away on its own, it'd be useful to know there's something that works!

• Posted

ruthann & lily,

Thank you for your replies!

I've now had the ulcer removed (several months ago) and all has healed up.

I did try the pineapple several times and although it did seem to get smaller it wouldn't budge in time for my op'.

I'm quite lucky as the ulcer was right on the tip and very small.  The surgeon struggled to identify it too as it was so small!  I had a couple of stitches that seemed to disappear within half an hour of the procedure (couldn't feel them anymore).

Conclusion was that it must have been a blister as the biopsy came back with nothing.

Hopefully I won't get another but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, and the procedure wasn't that bad.

Best wishes, Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really glad it all turned out well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.