Smear results a little worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi , I'm hoping anyone can shed some light. I feel a little silly posting this as I don't have many cc symptoms.

But I'm fed up with conflicting info. U history goes.

Clear smear back in 2014 , I went on cerazette mini pill after the birth of my child in Feb 2014. Cerastes has never really agreed with me, I think I have every side effect apart from hair loss. I have monthly bloating , mood swings. I've bled on and off the whole time on this pill (I may go a few month where I don't) I've missed a couple of pills over the last few month and that's always made me have a bleed (never straight away, always few weeks after) I never experience pain during sex , sometimes sex can make me have a bleed but again it's usually a few days after. Sometimes I can produce brown / pink discharge during bowel movement (from vagina) not every time though. Fast forward to this month. I had my smear 1 week ago and nurse also took swab for infection , swab cake back clear still awaiting smear result. During my smear the nurse mentioned not being able to see my cervix due to the lining of mucus (since reading up I think this pull produces more) she said that during my smear my cervix bled. She didn't sound very positive about it all and feel that there was no care towards me. Since me smear I've had a weird sensation of needing to urinate after going to the toilet as if my bladder is full again . No pain during urinating though. Can anyone give me advice about contact bleeding or being on cerazette for a long time and still having bleeds.

Thank you 😊

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I understand that the mini pill is notorious for causing irregular bleeds so you are not alone in experiencing this.   It is essential to take exactly as prescribed to keep the bleeding to a minimum.   Some slight bleeding after a smear is not uncommon and is not serious.         Is your urine cloudy ? If so you may have a UTI and need a urine test.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I was just a little concerned about the length of time I've been on cerazette and it still hasn't settled. Some times I can go months without a bleed other months it's spotting and the odd couple of days of a bleed. Pain has eased and not as much pressure , urine isn't cloudy. I've since spoken to my nurse who mentioned that my notes stated my cervix had blood and not mucus ? Not what the nurse who performed the smear said ? Just desperate for these results was hoping I would get it back within a week

• Posted

Are you able to try another pill or have you considered an implant or even the coil?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.