Smelly Gas, Diarreah and accidents at night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok here goes, I have epilipsy and have for several years. In the last two months but i have horrible smelling gas constant diarreah and wake up at night covered in it, my sister n law died of rectal cancer and hers started this way. im imbarrassed to go to the doctor but dont know what to do. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

l guess youll know what advice most will give to you, that you do need to see your gp asap, you could ask to see a female gp if that will make you feel more relaxed, and they do deal with simular problem frequently in other people, better you go soon to have tests to find out cause of it,and sooner your seen the better, but it doesnt mean its going to be cancer, your sister in law isnt blood family so no hereditary connection, 

Hope you can find the will to just go see doc.

• Posted

Hi

As 5Lynn says see I doctor as they will have dealt with this and know what tests to send you on .Shelly gas and stools can be a hundred things most popular is diet bacteria growth in the intestines

diarreah can be caused by a hundred things so I wouldn't says its colon cancer

Let us know how you get on but worrying ababiut it and not doing anything about it will make your symptoms worse

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon

• Posted

Hi KrisAnne

I would go to the gp immediately. Tell her/him of your concerns and take it from there. Don't be embarrassed that what docs are there for. Also while your there ask for an H.Pylori test this is a bacteria that burrows into the stomach wall and duodenum and causes excessive reflux diahorrea and smelly gas....the test is done via stool test and breath test.......best wishes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.