SNOW IN TASMANIA...

Posted , 5 users are following.

here are a few photos of the lovely soft snow here in Tasmania, they have a property, they were snowed in-no work today...they only live 20 kilometers from our place...bbbrrr it cold outside..UK friends you are probably used to this..for us, it's special...snow in Australia...mm,,,exciteted me...:-) xxx

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sorry...forgot..it's my daughters,...ooops
  • Posted

WOW how beautiful!    Yes it must be a bit of a rarer treat to have snow there is it?

I used to live in Waiuru here in NZ, and that is SNOW paradise.. and Oxford in NZ in the South Island another SNOW haven...  some days there was no getting to work.  Beautifull..   but messy when disturbed and then it's slushy mud..

• Posted

It's just soooo not the norm here. It even snowed in Launceston-north and Hobart -South...ten schools even closed down South, it's over now, nice while it lasted. Mind you it didn't snow here but was cold..we are only 20 Kilometers  from my daughters property too.However my husband from London says it's cold and horrid once the snows starts..melting ...Awww I find it very romantic and fairytale  like..from a distance that is..I'd love to go to NZ...my daughter and her husband went there for Campervan holiday..so they went everywhere , the photos looked beautiful,,they loved it,,especially bathing in the warm springs...,,be blessed deb..have a good day tomorrow.,:-) cxx
  • Posted

Hello Christine, it looks sooo pretty! Hope you all enjoy it 😁

Take care, hugs

Boqer

• Posted

Snow is very beautiful isn't it..on a photo anyway...it's stopped now.,so the excitement is all over:-(..it even made the TV and radio news..be blessed a over, have a lovely day..xxxx..lolwink
  • Posted

Wow what stunning photos, that is quite deep snow. How far from the coast is the property where these photos were taken? Meg 
    • Posted

We north of the state and she lives about 20 minutes away from the beach.but they are up high too, we even  had snow on the beach yesterday too...woot woot..brrr .it was very very unusual...people were out surfing brrr in their west suites and walked over snow on the sand...mm.. People say sooooo unusual snowing at sea level indeed..they say it also going to happen tomorrow???? Wednesday...my daughter is a lecturer at uni and was snowed in yesterday..fortunately she could work from home yesterday....it's our day to have our 3 year old grandson tomorrow..so I really hope they are not snowed in..it's a beautiful morning here today...it's 8-12 degrees Celsius..very fresh and sunny...hers hoping it like that tomorrow, I was also wonpdering how many of their shrubs and plants were lost in the snow..
    • Posted

Thanks Christine that's fascinating, I didn't think Tassie got that cold, you can't tell me climate change isn't happening. I will keep my fingers crossed that the day is sunny for you tomorrow, enjoy your grandson.

• Posted

We always get snow in winter mainly only on the mountains especially the ski fields but that's high..never where my daughter or I live though or definitely not on the beach down south...really feel that climate change must be happening..but not as subtle as everyone imagines it will..:-) xx
  • Posted

Wow Christine, the pics look so pretty. I hate our UK  winter with a passion. Do yu not get snow often then? Hope you are ok?smile
    • Posted

We get snow every year..however only on our ski fields..which are very high...we never get it like we have just had.....also on tomorrow, so we are hoping our daughters lovely property only 20 minutes away from us is      not snowed in again tomorrow..she is quite high up..only 20 minutes from the beach too..it was actually snowing down south on the beach...soooo very unusual..yes it does look pretty, however my husband is from London and he says it's rotten when you have it day after day the it when it starts to melt it's horrid...be blessed Anne, have a lovely day..it's 9pm here now...all settled in..in fact I have been in the cozy earth for 2 days now..not complaining though..feeling good...hope you are to Anne....:-) ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.