So confused...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I am new to the forum but reading the many posts it has been so informative and helpful.

I am in the process of being diagnosed. I have had so many tests I can't even remember them all. I am currently taking both cymbalta and lyrica daily and pain meds as needed.

I have recently developed new symptoms and was wondering if anyone had experienced any of these.

I have been exhausted but so tired that I have caught myself many times nodding off at my desk, while people are talking to me and while driving. It scared me so much and of course I called my Dr who didn't have much to offer. The second thing that has happened and since has continued on an off is last weekend I woke up with intense burning in my hands and knees, so bad that I stayed in bed pretty much for 2 days. My hands are still so tight and it's hard to holds things.

I'm so lost in all of this so many symptoms, people looking at me like I'm crazy and family tired of hearing me complain.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? thanks for listening....

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey hot mess45! Welcome. May I ask your age?
  • Posted

Hi Hun

Wow Hun you sound like me ! Sometimes I get that tired I could nod off but the power of Pepsi keeps me going which is bad but works !! As for the hands and knees I had that at the beginning of the year the burning mad me cry most of the time it was such a horrible feeling also with the hands being stiff I had that to but it went no long after I started the pregabalin and zapain and tramadol and amatriptolin

However I've been having serious pain in my right leg for months but it came to head on Monday where I just burst out crying at work as nothing would relieve the pain ! I'm now on oramorph which I try not to take unless I'm in mega pain x unfortunately with this condition you never no what's next ! The symptoms vary and with the weather change I think we are all in for a uncomfortable winter

Big hugs xx

• Posted

I take OTC PAIN med with caffeine low dose help the pain headaches and keeps me awake. But the minute it wears off I'm back in snoozeville. I have learned to take small naps recharge my battery. 

My rhumy has helped with prescribing DEMARDS helps the constant achey to the bone pain. 

• Posted

I ask because I'm 45 going through this and trying to meet people the same age to see exactly what they are feeling right now.

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I am 45. I'm so sorry your leg is hurting like that. Thank goodness you have a pain med that can help. I've tried tramadol which did nothing but now have vicodin and diazapam. They help dull the pain but it never goes away fully. 3yrs ago I spinal fusion surgery and this past june I fell sand broke my ankle which landed me a 12 in rod and 4 screws in my left leg. Did I mention I fall a lot? lol

Sending you big hugs.. You are not alone. Xx

• Posted

I'm 35 with 3 children and I work full which sometimes kills me ! But needs must ! The falling has happened to me a lot lately so I have a ot. Who is making abdaptations to the house as I live in a 3 story house which is a nightmare. ! We are all here to help each other when no one else understands how much pain and sadness we feel

• Posted

Hotness I just wished I truly understood this disease. I never know when to say it's fibro or maybe it's something else flaring up. I just don't know!

• Posted

Lyrica Is good for nerve pain it sometimes take a time to kick in. It's dangerous to fall asleep when driving. Ask to reduce your dosage of one or both.Sometimes many other meds you could be taking can decrease the effects of Lyrica.

I also took Cymbalta for FM. It really helped for a few months I felt like I Had my energy back and not exhausted all the time. Then my blood pressure went ski high , one of the side effects of the drug and never had high blood pressure before. So I had to quit taking it. 

As as for the burning and tingling I had that too. A simple blood test showed I was very low in Vit-B. So after a few month of vit b it all went away. Also  low on Vit - D can also cause nerve damage and tingling. 

In in my case any way the tingling is better. But I still have difficulty with FM. 

• Posted

I would venture to say that each person ultimately diagnosed with fibromyalgia went through a very long, deeply aggravating, protracted time before diagnosis. I hear your frustration. I hear your pain. I know you are ready to throw the towel in

You will meet several remarkable people in these discussions. We support each other by sharing our experiences. We learn, we complain, we laugh, we live well despite having disease in our bodies.

Hugs

• Posted

Thank you for your support it has really helped me this evening. I wish I had joined sooner!

There are so many strong and informative people here.

It is so relieving to have people understand you.

Hugs xx

• Posted

I am soon to be 43 and suffer similar symptoms. I would zone out driving and could not remember driving certain portions of a trip or where I was going. GPS kept me on track. I needed my mid afternoon naps cause I wasn't sleeping through the night.

Are you sleeping through the night? Could be the cause for the extra sleepiness.

As for the burning pain in my legs, I can feel your pain. Would feel as if I was on fire. And dropping things cause my hands didn't work....been there. I couldn't get things out of the fridge without dropping something. It is frustrating. It took boutique in months for those symptoms to pass during my last flare.

While Pepsi helped it put me on a sugar crash cycle.I recently just had a bad flare and went off clean eating and found myself blowing up from drinking soda. It also flared up other symptoms.

I'm going back to my green smoothies and clean eating this week. It does help with energy levels. But it takes energy to prep. Something I haven't had in a while. So I used this holiday weekend to get myself back on track.

Also went back to taking my supplements. They seem to help me. Not sure what you can take with your meds. Magnesium helps me sleep through the night. Vitamin b and d also help with energy. Also heard good things about dribose.

You are not alone. May take time for these meds to kick in. Be careful. I turned down Cymbalta cause I heard from others it has a wicked withdrawal if the doc decides to switch you. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.