So I've finally told a future partner.... This was his outcome!?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So after having HSV2 for nearly 6 months now the last few weeks i've finally decided to throw myself back into the dating game... my worst nightmare!

So me and this guy have been friends for a few years and in a previous post i explained how we had been getting closer and we had spoken about being together. Obviously he was unware at this stage of my condition, cut a long story we short it was eating me up inside i had to tell him what i had as i felt i couldnt be 100% with him as i felt as i was hiding something.

So, we was in the car the other day and he brought up the subject as i had mentioned charlie sheen the other day and he reacted badly about him .. i said so yeah you know i said if we was to ever have sex we would have to use protection? he said yeah.. i said well its because i have a virus that i unfortunaetly cant get rid of... he looked shocked and said what do you mean? what virus? ... i stopped i hate using the word HERPES! ... so i said the H one you know? .. the H one? he said .. so i finally plucked up the courage and blurted it out. I have herpes i said, as i was driving i had to keep my eyes on the road and couldnt really see his reaction

so what does that mean? how did you get it? he asked and i breifly explained what it is, why it cant be cured, how i contracted this bundle of joy and a few facts about it.

he took a deep breath in and said i feel so sorry for you, what a cun* to have done that to you and not even told you about his condition.. agreeing i could just feel myself sweating so much, but he squeezed my thigh and said that doesnt change you, you are still the same person, you still look the same etc.

Later that day after i got home he had already messaged me saying how he is still obsessed with me and he likes me even more for telling him! he said he has so much respect for me being honest and is so grateful that i told him! wow what a weight lifted on my shoulders! ... I honestly felt to cry i had never felt so happy.

This just goes to prove that herpes is a minor condition and the right person will accept you no matter what, i feel truly blessed for him to have reacted in such a positive way unlike the guy i told previously who said how could anyone possibily want to be with someone who has a non-cureable virus and that i was a vile and disgusting girl! ...

One thing i have learnt is that everything happens for a reason and if i can have the talk with someone anyone can!!

I apologise for the essay but i just thought i had to share my new with the rest of you guys and give you some hope!!!!

cheesygrin

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

OMG THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY!!! I went through something very similar. One guy said I was damaged goods and a good friend of mines (8 years) whom I've been
    • Posted

Pressed send before I was done lol anyway we've always liked each other but it was never our time. He wanted to get involved and I just had to tell him. He took is so well. I totally believe that everything how and when it should. It also showed me how much this guy cares. I'm really really happy to hear this success story. Much love!!
  • Posted

Right On

Now that could be marriage material!!!! Don't let me miss lead u it might be worse!!! Sometimes when you might get in a fight he might throw it back in your face so be careful. I tell you what I always jump in head first lust sex and all been married three times love also write two kids and this time for number four, I decided this. First of all ring first proposal next at 7 months in, we kissed passionately. 1 time many months later we tried and it wasn't going so well. our anatomy didn't jive just right

So here we are five years down the road still happy no sex no urge to have sex just an urge to build our future have a great retirement. we are somewhat disabled. Arthritis is kicking our butt. 65 and 53 him being 65 and me being 53. I'm going up about 8 * since I started and I'm done not going anywhere not moving anything.

• Posted

Yay, I'm happy for you! Sounds like a good guy, and may he remain that way!! Did you still never properly confirm your HSV type, btw? If you end up in a relationship with this guy, you should definitely establish type.
  • Posted

YES!!!! This made my day. So happy to hear this. You get it girl!!! Just shows that we are ALL worthy and we don't need to limit ourselves. Do not let this define you!
  • Posted

Thank you everyone I appreciate it ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.