What things you need to do and not to do

What are the foods you need to eat and not to eat

What drinks you can drink and cannot to drink

Appreciate your help guys

Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't say I know much but I do know that when/if you have hemorrhoids you are supposed to drink plenty of water and eat foods rich in fiber to eliminate constipation.

• Posted

As far as eating and drinking are concerned just make absolutely sure that you don't get constipated!  Check with your medication about alcohol and drink plenty of water.

• Posted

High fiber diet, lots of water, and avoid straining.  Sitting on the toilet for long periods of time increases the pressure and will only make the hemorrhoids worse.
  • Posted

you want to try to make sure you don't get constipated as that will cause you to strain and you don't want to do that.

As everyone says water! make sure you stay hydrated all day long.

I did a lot of research - the following things can cause constipation so try to avoid and not eat the following - Painkillers, chocolate, cheese, meat, ice cream, potatoe chips/crisps, cookies, all dairy.

Things that are good to eat and pass through you easier are leafy green veggies, berries, figs, apples, prunes, pears, probiotic foods, coconut water, broccoli, water melon, cantelope, apple juice, beetroot/red beet, tomatoes, raw veggies, olive oil, avocado oil, ginger, ripe banana, gluten free foods, oats, aloe vera, chia seeds, citrus - orange, limes and lemons. 

• Posted

I agree with SFlor. The most important think is to avoid any constipation, straining too much, and holding for the BM for longer time.
  • Posted

This was a reply i wrote a few weeks ago for someone else. I am now about 13 weeks post-op and still living by this diet

I've spent the last couple of weeks reading everything I can. I'm not sure if these foods will help soften stool or are just anti-constipation. I'm living on these right now with stool softners and still some laxatives - I cannot go back to the pain of being constipated and hemmorhoids. I am juicing a lot at the moment.

Minimum of 3 litres of water a day. Plus additional drinks plus the liquid in my smoothies. Berries, Figs, Prunes, Apples, Pears, Coconut Water - fresh form coconuts, pineapple, water melon, cantaolope, broccoli, Apple Juice, Beet root (red beets), Tomatoes, raw veggies, leafy green veggies, Ginger, Chia seeds (soaked in water overnight), Aloe Vera,  Oats, Physillium -( not metamucil - which has aspartame in). Brown rice (not white)

As I said I'm juicing most of this every day, I'm nearly 6 weeks post op and I wouldn't wish that op on anyone.

Things not to eat - chocolate, meat, dairy, cheese, ice cream, potato chips/crisps (too much fat). frozen dnners, cookies, painkillers, iron and calcium.

I cross referenced many websites and lists to get this list together. At the moment I have diarhhea/loose stool every day and I'm cutting down on laxatives slowly. I don't know if this will help you but I hope it does, the juicing takes me a little bit of prep but the result is so much better than constipation and hard stool.

Good Luck!

Re: Bananas - my favorite fruit - i did tons of research - what I summerized was that greenish bananas not good for you, ripe banans ok - I'm too scared to try but thats from my research.t

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.