So much pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had hemorroids surgery 3 months ago. I am still in pain. Especially with BM and ages afterwards. I sit in warm baths till the stinging stops but it still stings when I get out. The doctor now says I have 2 anal fissures ( so I don't know if this is what's causing the pain or the surgery). I am going in for Botox I. The anus next week which apparently, should stop the pain. Has anyone had the Botox before or can suggest anything for the pain. Thanks for reading Debbie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie-I have not hard surgery but have had three fissures all at once! Still healing them!! I feel your pain and wish you healing and the answers you are seeking.

Sorry you are going through this -it is brutal

God Bless-jen

• Posted

Just had the surgery for my chronic Anal fissure ....run run n get the surgery I swear I'm off lain since I woke up from surgery bed..best advice I know your ass afraid Of getting it done just like me but u need to think twice ...had it for 2 years and it done messed up my life!!!

• Posted

I apply Lucas paw paw cream on the fissure twice a day and after a bm. I follow this with a heat pack applied for at least 30 mins.. usually an hour. I got sick of the baths and find the heat pack to be more convenient. Just make sure it's not too hot!

Rectogesic is supposed to be the best cream because it relaxes ur spincters. I had to stop using it after 3 weeks because of the head aches, anxiety and general feeling of crap.

Most hem creams apparently thin the skin after about a week of use because they contain hydrocortisone.

U could also try coconut oil or aloe Vera. And obviously use baby wipes.

Don't get constipated / have hard stools and don't get diarrhea. Both r very bad for progress. I think a texture in between that is ok.

• Posted

By the way I have heard of people suffering with bad hemmies have lost all their symptoms after switching to a vegan diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.