So nauseous. What to do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yep, total pretty much says it. I am SO nauseous all day. On week 4 of prozac, was started on 60mg and this week came down to 40mg because of side effects. Does anyone have any tricks to reduce the nausea?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh man, I have the same thing on week 7 I think and it's finally getting better! Ginger ale helped and antavid
  • Posted

Oh man, I have the same thing on week 7 I think and it's finally getting better! Ginger ale helped and zantac. Weird but it helped. And eating light. I had to,take sleep aid at night tho to sleep cause it was so bad in the beginning, it will get better! I was starting to doubt and give up on it, but then I started feeling better!
  • Posted

Some people have found ginger tea to help, ginger ale, etc.  Your doc put you up to way too high a dose in too short a period of time!
    • Posted

Yes, I just saw her on Thursday where she dropped the dose to 40. Her hope was that since I was switching from a high dose of lexapro that if we did the switch quickly my body would hardly notice lol. It's been awful.
    • Posted

I swear these doctors haven't got a clue what they are doing when it comes to these meds!  They mess with neurotransmitters throughout the body, no trivial deal!
    • Posted

OMG that's a massive dose to start on !! No wander you feel ill .. ginger defo helps.. good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.