so stupid arnt i

Posted , 6 users are following.

suppose i am on  5mg and  going on to the slow reduction plan. do i reduce on that program   by half mg,  not awhole one.  also   how soon should i  start reducing  after my second session of bowens..    just asking  cos i go away for 4 weeks on monday    just asking. sorry for been so thick

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Pauline, q1, it is advisable to only reduce by .5 especially at this dosage. Q2, no idea, hopefully someone else will help you with that one.

if you are going away on Monday for 4 weeks I would be inclined to stay on my present dose and start reducing when I returned. Have a great time away. Regards, tina 

• Posted

I was told at that sort of dose not to reduce more than .5mg a month. As Tina says why not stay on your current dose while on hols. Some people stay on 5mg for several months.  Enjoy yourself on hols.
  • Posted

ptolemy   that  sounds a lot 5mg per moth did u get it wrong?
    • Posted

Hi Pauline, Ptolemy and me mean .5 which is the same as 1/2mg per month so it's half of 1mg. Regards, tina 
  • Posted

Pauline when i was reducingfrom 9mg to 8.5mg , when i went on holiday i stayed at 9mg and felt the benifit for it as i walked 3 to 4 miles and did drink wine.

Have a good pain free holiday. Mags

• Posted

no polotmy it was me that missed  the  point   lol.  thanks margaret. i will do the walks  but not 5 miles.    and the wine   mmmmm
  • Posted

Pauline I too am reducing after a flare up ,I had to take 3mgs again after stopping pred altogether. That was in May I am now on 1mg after reducing by half at a time, ideally I am brilliant on 2.5 daily however after first diagnosed 28months ago Rheumy says time to stop by taking 1mg on alternate days as the dose is hardly anything. Just be aware that the aches stiffness etc is not always Pmr, and can be arthritis or similar. Good luck enjoy your hols.
  • Posted

thanks all fot your input will do my best this time
  • Posted

Hi Pauline,

like the others have said, 1/2mg decreases when you are at lower doses.  It seems even trickier (is that a word, lol) once you're at 5mg.  

Even though you're going on holidays there is some stress involved (at least for me) and I would stay at 5mg till you get back.

Have  a wonderful time and enjoy your walks and favourite beverages😉!

hugs, Diana🌸

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.