So worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 7 weeks i have been unable to eat solid foods and at times soft foods. I noticed before then that i was getting anxious every time i ate. Then one night i was eating a sald and something got caught at the side of my throat. I wasnt choking like gasping for air but more coughing and having a panic attack. Since then ive had a feeling of something being lodged in my throat like a lump and it makes me gag. Ive had 2 laryngoscopy done to which nothing was found and im now waiting for my appointment for an endoscopy. Im absolutely terrified that they are going to find something terrible. Ive been trying to force my self to eat but i just panic and gag and it comes straight back up, not through being physically sick but i feel that its stuck and i force it back up. Im terrified of choking and always have been. But never to the point where I've gone this long without food. My throat just feels so tight and horrible like there is a physical object in the way. Anyone else had this and did they find anything terrible during the tests?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I can side with you on this one 100%!!!

I have been diagnosed with Globus. I have had ENT's with normal results upon larynoscopy, chest x-ray, bloods & yesterday I went for an gastroscopy which thank ful are all NORMAL.

The feeling is hideous, its feels like something is sewn onto the side of my throat and mine pains too when I swallow anything

Go for the endoscopy (you will find you will be ok) & then treat the gag and eating anxiety you seem to have

• Posted

Thanks for replying to my post. Was at hospital last night again. I tried to eat 1 spoonful of boiled rice and gravy and felt like i was choking. Kept gagging and coughing for hours after.

I really want the endoscopy appointment to hurry up just so i know what is happening. I think i have googled too much and my mind is thinking all sorts. The one that keeps terrifying me is the cancer one. Keep trying to remind myself that its probably pretty rare and im only 28. Just want to find a way to fix whatever it is.

• Posted

Hi Natalie

Cancer was my fear too.

It started in my chest and then its moved into my throat and them stomach so really anxiety plays absolute havoc with my mind and body!

You might have a stricture or something not cancer, too young, this would be very unlikely (I am not a GP) but trust me I have been through all the script with 6 doctors now!

Where is the choking? beginning of your throat or way down?What did the hospital say last night, any xrays done?

• Posted

The feeling is right at the front of my throat. It feels like a lump when i swallow and other times its a jaggy sensation. When i think about eating it gets worse and it feels like my throat is closing over or like the back of my tongue is getting bigger and restricting any access to my throat. I dont get any sensation in my chest apart from a feeling like i need to cough if i manage to swallow anything, which is rarely.

They never done anything last night. Just said i need to wait on the endoscopy to see whats happening. Its so frustrating.

• Posted

Hi natalie.

Did you have your endoscopy in the end? I have similar going in and worried waiting for endoscopy apt.

Ali x

• Posted

Hello. Yes i had the endoscopy and they found nothing. Its apparently anxiety. Still not eating. Im now taking fresubin drinks daily. I try to eat food but cant as im terrified of choking so my throat just tightens up and then i cant swallow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.