Social anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I have had social anxiety since I was 16 and have only just got the help I need. My doctors have put me on sertraline started at 50mg am now on 100mg a day. Still feel paniky in group situations and not at ease... has anyone been on the same anti depressant and had positive results? Even if it's not sertraline I would love to hear everyone's positive stories smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First of all.....well done for getting out into social groups'. You don't say how long you've been taking increased dose.....you may still be having side effects....one of which is anxiety

• Posted

Thank you ! I have been taking the increased dose of 100mg for 3 weeks now ? Reckon I would still be getting side effects after that amount of time ??
  • Posted

Yes, I've been on sertraline, with great benefits.

I'm glad you got some help for yourself.

love Tess xx

• Posted

Thanks tess are you still taking Sertraline now ? I don't know how mild - extreme your social anxiety was but are you able to social happily now ? Like with me I get so anxious just going to meals with family and friends I just want to get out the room, I feel anxious and awkward talking to new people so I never make new friends therefore lately I am avoiding going to social events. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.