Some advice needed please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, i am a 62 year old female, and recently had some blood tests for fatigue, and sweating, the first lot came back all fine apart from my pv level was high,

Had repeat bloods done last week incl B6, Follate etc

Have an appointment with my Gp on Wednesday to discuss results, i have read on my notes on system online, they are

u+e normal

slightly raised folate, raised Hb, notmal B12

cholesterol is 9

the rest of the tests show microytic picture.

I have been searching the web for answers, and scaring myself to death, could this be Polycythemia ?

Any advice would be welcome thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You wont know until your tested for specificaly for the discease wether it be primary or secondary. Stop worrying a few of us were born with it and asside from symptoms go mostly about our business. Once traced it is controlled.
    • Posted

Cheers Clem, Thanks for replying, I only know what i have read on the internet, and i must say reading through the forum on here has helped me enormously. it's only a couple of days till i see my Gp, so will hang on in there.

I did'nt know you could be born with this, and it is comforting to know that it can be controlled.

• Posted

Primary is a gene mutation secondary is life style choices. Either way , once u got it u got i fotr good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.