Someone called me FAT :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband has been receiving harrassing and malicious phone calls lately theyre pretending to be his girlfriend and saying theyre going to marry him. When i said to stop calling from a witheld number they said shut it Fatty. Ive battled with anorexia and bulimia for 10 years. I started to get better then developed RI so my mobility hasnt been great so i know i have put on weight. But now that this person whom i dont even know has confirmed it all i want to do is make my self sick or not eat at all. We told them we recorded the phone calls so the calls have stopped now they just ring and hang up.But today they are messing with our business page on facebook suggesting edits to the page. They suggested changing the link to our website and when we clicked on the link it took us to an article that said body of man found in house and suggested we change the location of our business to our actual home address. Help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Urgh, that's disgusting. Some people are just horrible.

You know that it isn't true, how can it be if they don't know you?

What you have mentioned is harrassment and that is something I would encourage you to report to the police, particularly as it is abusive. There is a non-urgent crime number which you can find on the police' website.

• Posted

Thankyou I have contacted police and my mobile provider. I dont know who she is but she seems to know who we are and where we atay which is causing my anxiety to go through the roof
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that, but you've definitely done the right thing.

Sometimes when you buy things online and click opt in, it means you are on a mailing list which can be sold to anyone. I know this, because I used to work for a political party, and you are legally able to buy this kind of data (which is what they did for an election campaign), it's legal because the person at some point has given their consent. I'm not saying that's how they have your details, but is one possibility.

Try and be kind to yourself this weekend. Is there anything nice you can do for yourself?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.