someone to talk to please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been with my partner for three years and for the past ten months or so she's been very depressed, I'm hoping to find someone who is in the same position as me so I can talk to them and see if they have any advice to help make this easier for me, I've tried everything to make her happy but I just feel so lonely, thank you for taking the time to read this.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You sound like a caring boyfriend.

But, the first thing to ask yourself...is she happy in the relationship.

I know years ago...I became depressed when I didn't want my relationship anymore..but didn't want to hurt his feelings...it was ME not HIM.

I just decided I didn't want a relationship.

If it is not  your relationship...can you guys pinpoint what she IS UNHAPPY about?

I feel depression always stems from something...some condition or situation.  I have had depression for many years for many different reasons...I have learned for myself...it always has to do with SOMETHING.

• Posted

What happened ten months ago? Did she start any new medication? Does she exercise..? Get her a vitamin D suppliment and follow the bottles instructions. Low vitamin d can trigger depression. She needs too see her doctor and tell him whats going on as well. I understand you are feeling lonely and if you are choosing to be in a commitment with her you probably will need at some point to get some guidance and maybe accompany her to a therapist. How old are you both? You cant make her happy but you can help her to get professional help so she can help herself. She needs a good friend now because depression is a dark place and makes a person feel terrible and very doscouraged overall. Good luck. The onky three people i knew who were cljncally depressed were given medication for it
  • Posted

Whilst it is possible that some people become disilussion and unhappy in relationships often when someone becomes depressed the first thing they do is push their loved ones away often to avoid hurting them and making their lives miserable.  However, many are due to untreated depression, I lost my husband to untreated Depression, initially he said he could not do us anymore or relationships with anyone, he has since gone on to a relationship with an alcoholic woman.  Check out the Depression Fallout Forum where you will see thousands of people in the same position as you find yourself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.