Something's not right after months of feeling great.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid after years of ignoring symptoms ( tiredness , exhaustion, depression, no motivation etc) in the middle of last year. Since Christmas I've felt amazing, bags of energy, motivated and better than I have in the last 10 years, I'm 39 now and male in case it's relevant and I'm on 75mg of levo. Yesterday something seemed to go wrong, it started with my throat feeling tight and a strong wave of tiredness hitting me, followed by the usual lack of energy and exhaustion following any type of activity. I'm really cold ( heating is on 22 degrees C) my wife and parents have commented on my throat looking swollen, I'm also eating a lot more than usual and drinking gallons of tea. Has anyone else experienced this and could it just be a virus or something rather than my thyroid?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

With the tightness in your throat and the other symptoms it sounds as if your thyroid is undergoing some further problems and you should get it examined ASAP
  • Posted

I think you should go back and see your Doctor it could be a virus but it could also be your thyroid I have small nodules on my thyroid having said that my thyroid is not swollen. It might be your dosage of Thyroixine hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.