Something's wrong with me, but I don't know what it is?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys, I know this says patient.info, which I guess all of you live in the United Kingdom, but I'm desperate and I need answers. I'm 21 years old, and I live in the USA. Well I've been experiencing weird symptoms ever since I was 19, my symptoms consist of blurry vision (my vision used to be flawless before I was 19) dry mouth, hunger, random tremors on random places of my body. For example, I could get a spasm on my triceps, then 2 minutes later I could get one on my leg or back. I also see floaters, & they annoy the hell out me, & kind of add to my anxiety. & then there's the worst symptom I have, I don't know how to explain it, but I'll try my best and I hope you guys understand me. It's a weird feeling, like when I drive and I look at something for a while, then I have to look away because it feels very weird, I also get that feeling when I think too much of something, like if I were to think how this world got created, then I would get that feeling in my head. Or when my brother drives and I'm in the passenger's seat, & I look at him to start a conversation, it would happen as well, this also causes my hand to get tingly/ numb. I have no idea what this is, but I swear sometimes I end up crying because I don't have a job due to this, & I really need one because the bills don't pay themselves, & with my dad being the only one working, then it's just not fair for him to be busting his ass 60+ hours a week. Plus this also ruined my social life, I now have 0 friends because I have always felt like total crap to ever hangout with then and I guess they thought I didn't wanna be friends with them anymore. & also I would love to go visit my family in California, & Mexico, but just imagine me being in a 2 day ride in a car with that weird feeling, I don't think I'll be able to make it there like that. If anyone knows what this is, or has an idea please let me know. I'll really appreaciate this a lot.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello carlos, I live in the U.S  as well. It sounds like anxiety to me. I've been suffering from panick attacks and anxiety since 2007 and to say the least this disease sucks. I will never be the same again. I am afraid of driving, and being by myself. I had a relapse in August 2014 and since then my medication is not working anymore. My vision sucks too, and I see floaters too. I will reccomend that you schedule and appointment with a psychiatrist so you can be put on medication. I am not 100% cured but I feel better than when I started suffering. I just got off of Celexa but was put on Prozac and 1mg of Ativan daily to calm me down. I still have anxiety but not as strong at least I able to function and work part time. I know it suck to have this horrible disease but there is hope. Visit a psychiatrist that is the only advice I can give you.
    • Posted

I was also put on Celexa in Novermber of 2012, didn't really help much. The doc told me I had mono in November of 2012, which is weird because I didn't have any mono symptoms. June 2013, I was told my fasting blood sugar was 120, the doc told me I was at risk for pre diabetes and told me to eat healthier, which I did but I'm still not feeling better. The only symptoms I can control is the hunger and dry mouth by drinking cinnamon tea with no sugar. But I know some of my symptoms are due to anxiety, I might just have to suck it up and get a job soon because the bills don't pay themselves and we're born to work I guess...
  • Posted

What you're going through is anxiety. I've been through it all. Im fighting it. Irs been over a week now since I've been off medicine. My depression is finally turning into happiness and I don't stress out like before. But the tingly/numb on hands and feet is definitely because of anxiety and panic disorder. My tingly is finally going away.

I wanted to keep my mind from thinking too much in order to train my brain to be normal again. When we stress out etc our brains cause chemical imbalance and that cause many things in our bodies to get dizzy numbness and tingly and aches, tension, hallucination etc.

So I started hiking and praying to God and also breathingrelaxation. It definitely works. I also learned to ignore my anxiety including the feeling of maybe im dying. We need to tell ourselves and believe we are ok. I tell myself"anxiety hasn't killed anyone and anxiety is playing tricks on me".

I must say I'm not on meds anymore and I'm on my way to a job orientation right now.

There is hope. Trust in yourself and train your brain. Trust in God. It takes time. Im still fighting and im definitely improving.

• Posted

I know some of my symptoms are due to anxiety, but believe me, I really do pray to God. I pray everyday, but things just aren't going in my favor.
  • Posted

Hi there Carlos, I live in the UK and in the past I suffered a similar sort of detached feeling which was particularly evident when I was driving or being driven.

In my case when I went to visit my doctor and after he had performed several tests on me, he found that my blood pressure was running very high.

My doctor took the view that I was also suffering with anxiety simply because all I had been doing up to that point was worrying what it was that was wrong with me.

He prescribed an assortment of meds to get my blood pressure down, and within a short time I was back to normal.

There is no guarantee that you are suffering with the same problem, but the starting point for you to stand any chance of getting it sorted out I think is for you to pay a visit to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.