something stuck in throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone ever had a sensation that something is stuck in there throat and you cant swallow it down im at my witts end 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I know how you feel! I FINALLY am feeling better after being sick for 2 months!! To be fair, it started with allergies, turned into a sinus infection, and then into tonsillitis and I had that for about 2 weeks, but that still sucked big time! I thought I was going to die and half the time, I wanted to! It's amazing to me that just a week ago I felt like I was on my death bed! Don't worry, it WILL end eventually! That was why I started to follow this thread: I needed hope! It feels never-ending! And I definitely felt like there was something lodged in my thoat that I couldn't swallow, plus I felt like my throat was on fire, raw, almost completely swollen shut, and every time I swallowed my own spit I would flinch and it would feel like I was swallowing razor blades. Worst illness I've ever had! I'd rather give birth to 4 more children, naturally! I hope you feel better soon and that you can see a doc! 
    • Posted

thanks steph,that was 2 months ago got to go to ent at hospital and they put a camara down my nose and told me i had acid reflux that had burned my throat hence the feeling of something stuck in my throat got tablets for reflux no difference 2 months later went back to docs and he sent me for xray in my chest and now they have found abnormality in my lung have a ct scan booked for monday stomach in noughts glad your feeling better steph will keep you in touch

• Posted

Hi hughes I had something stuck in my throat it felt like forever but in all actuality it was only for about a week. It totally suck knowing that it was someething in there that I couldnt get out. I tried gargling with vinger water hydroperioxide gargle, mouthwash gargle. nothing worked I just woke up with an evenn sore thraot and white stuff coming out of my tonsils. eww it looked so gross. I could take the fact of knowing that i had this stuff in my mouth as i am a germaphob.Anywho so I told my SO that I needed to go and see a doctor. That Friday I went to work and my throat was irritating me but i made my money. Soon after I got off I went to the ER because it was urgent for ME to get this crap out of my mouth. I waited for about 2 hours before i seen a NP. I didnt even see a doctor. So she come in the room and check my mouth and instantly says I have strep Throat. Now i know im not crazy if i had strep then i would have a fever and my throat will actually be hurting. It just felt like something was in there. So i try to explain to her that i dont think i have strep throat and i have tonsil stones. she looked at me crazy and said WHAT ARE TONSIL STONES.so I explain it to her and the whole time she's shaking her head no like thats not what i have and i should stay off google.lol.. any way so she say that she is going to give me a penicillin shot and a steriod shot . penicillin to take away the infection and a steriod to take away the swelling.I was instucted to gargle warm salt water. so after i had to get this shot in my butt and a shot in my arm i was like okay im going to be fine but still thinking in the back of my mind she diagnosed me wrong. So 2 days went by and the swelling left. the white stuff on my tonsils left. but i still had this feeling something was stuck in my throat yesterday. It botherd me all day yesterday. whatever was in there i just wanted it OUT.. so LAST night as i was in the shower I PRAYED TO GOD AND I ASKED HIM WHATEVER IT IS IN MY THROAT PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY I COULDNT TAKE IT ANYMORE. THIS MORNING I WOKE UP AND HEYYYY GLORRRYYY.. I DONT HAVE THAT FEELING IN MY THROAT ANYMORE I SCAN SWALLOW WITHOUT FEELING ANYTHING. IT WAS JUST A BIG RELIEF. MY MIND WANTED TO THINK IT WAS STILL THERE I JUST HAD TO REBUKE THAT DEMON AND TELL IT TO STAY OUT MY HEAD CUZ WHATEVER IT WAS IS GONE AND IF MY FATHER GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS TOOK IT AWAY. IT'S NOT COMING BACK. i BELIEVED AND I WAS HEALED YOU CAN TOO JUST BELIEVE IN JESUS . AND ASK GOD AND I PROMISE HE WILL FIX IT.. HOPE IT HELPED

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.