Son had LP in Sept. He walked into the hospital fine but did not walk out fine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son had an LP done in Sept. He walked into the hospital fine and ever since then has been in extreme pain and has limited mobility. They can't find anything medically wrong with him. Anyone else experience any thing similar? What have you done?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

very sorry that your son is experiencing such pain . I promised if God allowed my health to be restored that I would talk to as many people I can about my experience in hopes of helpeing others.

I did this as a clinicial trials study . I was fine until I left the hospital . I have never experienced such pain not even with having delivered two children . not to push religion on anyone but I prayed a strong prayer daily for God to restore me back to great health . 6 days later I was . it's today even . no pain and my appetite is back!!

Let me tell you all that I did to recover from such pain . I drank 8 16oz bottles of water every day for 6 days . I slept on my back with two pillows under my knees and one low pillow under my neck (not to go beyond touching my elbows).  I also chewed on fresh ginger . celery and crackers . I believe I would have recovered faster than I did had I have been laying in the proper position from the first time I came home. Crackers to ease my nausea . Fresh Ginger + celery because I researched and found it was great for brain health and blood circulation.

The thing is the whole from the LP has to close . It will only close if you take pressure off your spine along with keeping fluids in your system . I hope this helps and your son has long recovered by now.  If he is still in pain pls pls try what helped me in hopes that he too will recover.

God speed,

LAB

• Posted

I had an lp I september also. I've had so much back pain since I've even had to quit an office job because sitting was to painful. My doctors are puzzled. They tried physical therapy but that made it much worse. I'm getting a second opinion with a new orthopedist. Try getting him to an orthopedist and getting an MRI with contrast. That is the only way to check for possible nerve damage. It could also be fluid build up or even cyst as they sometimes appear over time.
    • Posted

Now they are thinking it's fibromyalgia. We go this Wed to a Rheumotolgist. We may ask for another MRI with contrast because his nerve pain is horrible at times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.