Sore bottom

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had crohns for over 20 years and at the moment Iam in remission but I have a problem which I wondered if anyone else has experienced? A short while after going to the toilet my rear end is very stingy and sore I can only find 2 ways to ease this problem . 1 have a bath or 2 insert a anusol suppository but with added steroid the normal one has little affect I get relief within minutes but only lasts until I go to the loo again  in the long term suppositories aren't the answer plus I've had my bath removed and a shower fitted as my wife is disabled . Can anyone suggest anything please ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jon, my story is similar to yours. Crohns for over 20 years, been in remission for a number of years. No tummy pain at all but was having horrendous pain in my bottom. This went on for over 2 yrs, used anusol cream, suppositories and got no relief. Doctor gave me some cream which you can only use a tiny amount as is causes horrific headache. The only time I got relief was if I sat in really hot water. I could of shot myself coz the pain was so bad! Doctor finally sent me for mri scan, then an investigation under anaesthetic. They found a fibroepithelial polyp, which was removed. Luckily it's not malignant. The pain has eased enormously over the last few weeks. I go back next week for sign off from the surgeon so hopefully I'll get a few answers from him. Pester your doctor to find the cause...it could be simple to cure. Nobody should have to put up with pain like that. I really feel for you... good luck!
    • Posted

Hi thank you for taking the time and effort to make your comments they have been most helpful. I noticed last weekend I had no pain even after going to the loo but they came back at the beginning of the week so wondered if it was something I was eating as Iam a creature of habit when it comes to eating particuly in the week ? Anyway I think it will end up making an appointment with my gp but this is a job in itself lol ! Thank you very much what did the mri scan involve ? Regards Jon
    • Posted

For the mri scan you just have to lay down and they move you inside a long tunnel machine. It's a bit claustrophobic and quite noisy but you wear headphones with music. The machine makes whirring and clunking noises. After a while they took me out and injected some sort of contrast dye into my arm and put me back in. It took about an hour but the time does pass quickly. My scan didn't show anything (except degenerative crumbling spine which I knew about ), not even the polyp. They only scanned the very last section where my pain is and didn't 'bother' to check what the crohns affected section higher up looks like now. A few weeks after this I had the investigation under anaesthetic so he could physically look without causing me any more pain. I made sure they knocked me out completely, not just sedated. Make that appointment asap, I feel so much better now.

Regards, Jo.

• Posted

I get fissures, tiny little tears...which hurt like heck!

I use germaloid cream and salt baths,

As u dont have a bath, just wash and apply cream maybe.

Worth seeing gp, check everything out.

• Posted

Hi thank you for your comment please read my second comment to the other person on this discussion I hope to get something sorted soon regards Jon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.