Sore Feet

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had sore feet for about five months now. It started with discomfort when I had a bath, my feet would go red on the heel and the underneath of my toes and the skin on my feet would feel strange. Since then the pain is with me alot, sometimes my heel and the ball of my foot / toes feel so hot it is really uncomfortbale. It is almost as if the the nerves in my feet are more sensitive than they were before.

Still when I get out a luke warm bath or bed in the morning my feet look as if someone has painted them red on the undernetah of my heal / toes. They are quite inflammed. My GP does not know what this is. Has anyone had anything similar ?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Plantar Fasciitis is the number one cause of burning heel pain and is a condition which, if left untreated, can become debilitating over time. You may experience sporadic discomfort at first which can eventually lead to chronic pain that may result in a significant loss in your ability to lead a normal, active life. 

The human foot is designed to bear the bounce and spring of normal activity. A flexible ligament that spans the arch of your foot from the heel to the ball, called the plantar fascia ligament, is designed to provide elastic support when you stand, walk and run. In the condition known as Plantar Fasciitis, this ligament begins to flex beyond its healthy range of motion, resulting in inflammation and small tissue tears. Simultaneously, the heel bone begins to bear down into its fatty tissue padding, causing the cushioning to wear thin. Hard calcium deposits, called bone spurs, may form on the heel bone, prodding the soft tissues with every step you take. 

The result of these combined anomalies is that the sufferer experiences symptoms of burning in the heel, stabbing foot pains, strain on the tendons and muscles of the heel and calf, swelling and/or redness. Fortunately, Plantar Fasciitis can be treated in more than nine out of ten cases with non-invasive remedies. With the right techniques, most people can recover from Plantar Fasciitis and prevent its reoccurrence. 

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply Kirsty, I have downloaded some exercises to do from the NHS web site, my only doubt as to whether it is Plantar Fasciitis is that it occured in both feet at the same time and underneath my toes is the biggest problem area albeit I do sometimes get heel pain.
  • Posted

Hi there.  I had very similar symptoms to you.  Painful red tingling toes.  It happened after a bath and also when the weather was very warm.  I couldn't even sleep with my feet covered up, had to keep them out from under the sheets.  I was referred to vascular clinic and diagnosed with erythromelalgia.  It is quite rare and many GPs don't know much about it.  There are a few videos showing this condition on youtube.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.