sore spot on right pectoral major for 4 month's? ???

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm 38 year old female. Back in June I noticed what I would call a sore spot on chest muscle. I spend a great deal of time with rounded shoulders looking down at phone. I don't really feel it so much if I am up moving a round. Feel it more sitting if I'm on my phone alot or in the bed I'm a side sleeper. I can feel it sometimes with a deep breath or cough. Some days I dont feel it at all. Ibeprophen takes the pain away. My chiropractor feels it from my rounded shoulders. Stretching it out helps some to. Is it normal to have chest soreness for 4 months. This is right sided and does not feel at all to have anything to do with my heart. Thanks!

1 like, 70 replies

70 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It sounds as though you may have muscular pain,you may have laid awkwardly,without even knowing it,you could try some voltarol gel if it doesn't get any better you should get it checked
    • Posted

It feels muscular because when stretching the muscle out I feel it. For it last to 4 months off and on it has to be something I'm doing repetitively? ? It doesn't really hurt just sore. You know your mind can make you worry.
    • Posted

Just seen gym questions. When this actually started I was doing at jillian.micheals video with a lot of chest exercise. I didn't feel anything particular happen while working out buts that when this started.
  • Posted

You said you felt this when you take a deep breath,which could be linked to your breathing,are you coughing anything up,do you go hot and cold at all,do you smoke?
    • Posted

I don't smoke. I only feel it with a breath sometimes if it would happen to be sore that day. Some days I could breath or cough and feel nothing. No I'm not coughing anything up. I have allergies but not coughing anything up or really even a cough. It's not something that is terribly painful just sore like a catch if that makes since.
  • Posted

Sounds like it may be linked to the gym and you may have pulled something which could take several weeks to go
  • Posted

Is your discomfort near one of your upper ribs as I have discomfort there too, wondered if you sorted it out yet.
  • Posted

Is your discomfort near one of your upper ribs as I have discomfort there too, wondered if you sorted it out yet.
    • Posted

It's in my chest probably above my right breast ....my chiropractor thinks it from a rounded shoulder head forward position. ....on phone or computer alot. It definitely seems to have something to do with right arm like if I raise it or bear my weight down on it. If I'm carful with posture and take ibeprophen it doesn't seem to bother me so much. But haven't went to Doc yet. Where is yours at?
    • Posted

mine is just a little ubove the nipple and slightly over to the center, mine tends to throb when leaning forward or doing chest exercises 
    • Posted

also I have noticed that my upper rib seems to be where it stems from, not sure if you have that, do you get discomfort when moving or doing chest exercises i have had this a long time and worries me sometimes ALOT ha ha
    • Posted

Does taking ibeprophen help you. I've noticed if I take something different than ibeprophen just a pain reliever doesn't make a big difference. But ibeprophen has something in it for inflammation. I'm guessing it's kinda on your breast or on your chest above your breast?
    • Posted

Yes moving my torso or moving on my side while sleeping ... I've had it for 4 months and it has totally consumed my thoughts haha!!
    • Posted

I have ulcerative colitis so cant take ibeprohen mine does tend to ease off with a hot bath, but comes back fairly quickly, if you count from the collar bone mine is about 1 or two ribs down from there, what about yours can you locate it
    • Posted

I can also feel mine when laying on my side, so try sleeping on my back now, it does scare me sometimes, also noticed that if I take a really big exaggerate breathe in i feel t too 
    • Posted

I would say mine was about the 2 to 3 rib down from collar bone in that area.
    • Posted

Sometimes when I notice it the most if I sneeze or cough I can feel it. Some days I could sneeze or cough and feel nothing
    • Posted

It's sounds very similar. Have you had a chest x-ray done?
    • Posted

No have not had one done yet, as stupid doctor keeps telling me anxiety, and acid reflus, my discomfort does radiate on my chest some times but not always does yours
    • Posted

have you had x ray yet are you intending too, I am so scared to have it done

• Posted

I haven't been to my doc yet. Just my chiropractor. I feel like mine is musculoskeletal because I can feel it when lifting my arm but 4 months is a long time I have had it . I have been scared to go to doc. I tend to worry .
    • Posted

we sound so alike, I have had mine for more than 4 months 
    • Posted

mine tends to stay, which worries me, does yours sometimes less noticeable but still there

• Posted

Yes!!! Just like that. I mean sometimes I don't feel it at all. But most days just something dull that I feel ...messes with my mind more than I actually feel pain. Some days it can be very noticeable with a cough or sneeze. If I don't feel it during the day I still usually feel it a night it bed because I'm a side sleeper. I try to sleep on back as well. Are you on phone or computer alot with your shoulders roll forward neck down looking at your phone? I have noticed if I will pay close attention to my posture and do chest stretches it helps.
    • Posted

yes I work from home on the computer, and think i may have bad posture, as sometimes I get it in the back too but that is more recent

• Posted

will you be going to the doctors for yours
    • Posted

can you describe your pain, like I said mine is just a overall ache is how I describe it
    • Posted

I keep saying I'm going to and then it gets better for a few days . Have you looked into costochondritis? I took the Web md symptoms test haha!!! Said my sounded like musculoskeletal or costochondritis. Both can last for several months .....I have heard of people with costochondritis for 2 years. I think when we think about to much it does cause anxiety which cause us to tense up and make other muscle tense up. What has your doc said??
    • Posted

Ummm mine is a sore spot . Not sharp are very painful. Almost feels like a catch if that makes since. I feel like an ache when I turn on my side in that same spot if I would raise my arm sometimes I feel it. Can you stretch it out? I can stretch it out when it's really sore and that seems to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.