Sore throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I have only had a primary outbreak about 3 months ago now. Twice since then I have had a sore throat similar to the one I had in the first 3-4 days of my outbreak. My question is, do you think my recurrent sore throats are in relation to my herpes? I have not had another sore since then.

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You didn't say if it was oral or genital?
    • Posted

I have both oral and genital type 1. I believe I have had oral since a teenager and my primary outbreak in April was for genital herpes.
    • Posted

Ok, then your site thriatthas nothing to do w herpes then. Not unless you've been getting sore throats w oral obs since a teen. Your genital infection will not affect you from the waist up.
    • Posted

Ok thanks, my concern was I was having the same fever/flu symptoms as my primary outbreak in April.
    • Posted

People usually do not get dlu like symptoms after their primary OB. Now if you are getting them and having physical symptoms of an OB, then I'd link it w that, but your primary is different. I've only heard of one person having flu like symptoms after having recurrents. Not very common.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.