sore throat and shivering

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi anyone had these symptoms, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Been painful all day, taken paracetamols but I am sitting in front of the fire shivering, heads thumping too. I'm not sweating I keep getting that cold feeling through my arms and down my spine. Took my blood pressure which is quite high 167/106 pulse 109. Tried taking my temperature but the battery is low in the thermometer so not accurate. Keep crying too as I feel absolute rubbish. Is this a virus or some other reaction? Currently on 22.5mg of mirt have been for the past 23 days reduced from 30mg. Is this  something to do with that? I've got a slightly inflamed wound on my arm which I'm afraid I did last Thursday. It is quite red round the edges and weeps occasionally could it be a reaction to that or should I just take some diazepam and go to bed. see how things are in the morning? Sorry lots of questions but as you know the mind plays some wonderful games.

Thanks.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What ure pulse is 109 beats a miniute
    • Posted

Yep, just taken it again asthat one was an hour ago. it now 105. I.m just lying in front of the fire watching TV, warmed up a it now but still feel rubbish. 
    • Posted

And ure temp is 105 Fahrenheit am guessing it is a don't think that is to do with the matrazapine am on that for anxiety that may wel be ure cut is infected and needs treated as it has been like that for a while a pulse rate and temperature like that a would call some help that ain't good at all
    • Posted

It's my pulse rate is now down to 105 i don't know what my temperature is as the battery is low in the thermometer. At least I've stopped shivering. Ii/ll put my electric blanket on and take 5mg of diazapam which hopefully should reduce my pulse. I don't feel anxious or wanting to self harm/sucidal for  a change etc just feel quite tired.
  • Posted

Sounds to me as if the wound on your arm could be infected, and your other symptoms suggest the infection is spreading. I'm no doctor, and I can't see you, but do you think you need some medical advice? If you are in the UK you could phone 111.
    • Posted

I was debating that but I'll wait until the morning as the shivering has stopped, might feel bit better in the morning. Let the diazepam make me relax further and go to sleep. It has been a long hard emotional week too. I don't like being a nusiance to NHS24 
  • Posted

Yes would defo call 111 cause ma pulse rate is 60 beats a min think 105 is a bit to much don't think taking diazipam is the way forward here did the doctor give u them to take they kin get very addictive a learnt the hard way with them
    • Posted

I don't take then that often the last time was over a week ago. The Dr gave them to me to take when required. I haven't abused them tempting at times but I haven't. 
    • Posted

Yeah a was that bad a bought them of someone a knew then went fae taking 1 a day to 4 a day to get through work while on mitrazipine then once a started to come of them and a uped ma mitrazipine a felt like crap for a wk and a half but feeling lot better now doc thinks it might of been withdrawals not nice
    • Posted

Not a good idea buying drugs off someone else, diazepam is quite a powerful and addictive drug if not taken in moderation. My Dr mustt be quite trusting as I just ask for a renewal every so often and I get it without her seeing me. I am desperate to get off Mirt now due to the weight gain and the pyschiatrist say they aren't doing me anything it just takes ages. I just get so fed up. 
    • Posted

Yes I agree haven't took any in a month and not drank and alcohol to feeling better for it the mert has been ok for me so far no weight gane just some weird dreams and a kin take them and don't make me that sleepy any more hope u are OK would get the cut seen to anyway to be safe
    • Posted

Good for you,I try not to drink but when I get really stressed out I just go for it and yes I know that's not the answer. I might pop into the A& E tomorrow just for them to have a look at it. thanks for your replies. Keep up the good work taking mirt and nothing else. Ye sthe dreams are very vivid and can be weird. Been getting more lately on the reduction of mirt at 45mg slept quite well and hardly that many dreams. 
    • Posted

Well I've got penicillin for my throat and some antibiotic cream for my arm, they are not connected infection wise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.