Sore Throat For A Year

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a sore throat for a year and was diagnosed with LPR today.Has anybody been diagnosed LPR and inproved.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does it affect your voice?

Gerd is easily treatable if dx is correct. was 'scope put thru nose and down throat ? Or....?

U may consider change of diet and eating smaller meals.

Hopefully u will soon be comfortable. The medication works quite well.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply scope was put thru nose and down throat.I am changing eating habits.I read on this site one lady had the same problem and started taking probiotics and digestive enzymes and they helped her a lot.Will check with my Dr.to see if it's ok for me to take them

• Posted

would the treatment for GERD be the same for LPR .. i am in australia.. i forgot the name of medication. S.... ?  nexium ?  i tried that.

but did see some other comments on the other link. about sitting.

the stomach acid is common in pregnancy and is horrid. and then it rises to the throat.  however i never had a sore throat.

i was diagnosed with it and treated with medication for GERD. ( not what you have quite )  but nothing happened.

​second opinion. gave me the diagnoses of Chronic lingual tonsilitis.

​so try the medicationt the doctor said.  be careful medication is not causing it.  and seek a second opinion if you are in doubt.

keep us posted

Rhonda in Australia

• Posted

somac ?!!
    • Posted

Rhonda I have been taking the Ppi's twice a day and Gastric Enzymes and Probitics.And I have improved greatly.Not sure which one helped or a combination of both.My ENT is treating me for the Lpr and he gave me the Ppi's twice a day.I also have to do the following no caffeine after 12 pm don't eat anything after 7pm.And eat smaller meals.I have been doing that and that could be helping me also.Sorry to hear about your CLT I haven't heard about that.My tonsils were taking out when I was 6 years old and I haven't had any trouble with them I'm lucky.

• Posted

i never got diagnosed, but i tried ginger and it worked in getting rid of the sore throat i had for 5 months
    • Posted

Tundepeba thanks for the info.I will also add the ginger to my diet could tell me how much and in what form you take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.