sore throat, overall ill feeling no diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

sore throat,fatigue, pain, no diagnosisPosted 10 minutes agoI am sorry for the long post but I really need some help. I am 25 years old,female from Bulgaria. Everything started after 2 shots of progesterone done by my gyno. I had high prolactin levels and somewhat low progesterone and my period stopped so that is why she gave me shots. After the second shot I woke up with very bad pain and burnign sensations in my sinuses,my whole body was in pain.And there it all begins.For 2 weeks I wasn't getting better, I had a fever (not very high),sinus pain and sore throat. Finally I visited a ENT doctor,she said that there was nothing wrong with me,everything-ears,nose throat looked fine but I asked for a sinus x-ray-it was also fine. Then my gyno advised me to culture my throat and nose. The reuslts were staphylococcus aureus in nose and Moraxella catarrhalis in throat. I was prescribed cefpodoxime (due to antibiogram) took it for several days and I wasn't feeling any better,then my dr switched me to Cefuroxime,it did help at the beginning,I was feeling better but by the time I was taking my last pill all the symptoms returned. My sinuses didn't hurt anymore but my throat was on fire,muscle and joint pain,feverish feeling but no actual fever this time. So I was put on unasyn (Sultamicillin) on IV drip.I was getting no relief and was just feeling very sick from that med,so we stopped it. The I went to another ENT doctor and he told me there was nothing wrong with me, my throat looked fine and I had a little wound in my nose with blood. I had no runny nose. So I did a culture of my throat again and it happened to be Candida Glabrata ( may be because of all those antibiotics) I also had e.coli in my urine.I took one dose of Fosfomycin for my e.coli and it cleared up and I was put on IV  drip again with fluconazole for my candida.I also had candida in my vaginal resulst. I started to get better on fluconazole but again it lasted 3 days and in the end of the treatment I was ill again. My ears started to hurt very badly,all other symptoms continued.I waited 2 weeks after the last antibiotic and did a nose and throat culture again in two different labs and there was no infection found, I also did a vaginal and urine tests again and the urine was fine, had some enterococcus feacalis but in small amounts from my vag microbiology. My gyno said that it is better to not treat it for now because of all the meds I took for those 2 months. Yes,it's been two months and I am only getting worse, my whole body is in pain,I am very fatigued,have the flu feelingsore throat, ear pain,lymph and joint pain,I feel very very ill. And the tests say nothing. On my blood test the only thing that was abnormal was my AST  (antistreptolysin-titer) levels were high 310 (from 200 being the norm).Went to a 3rd ENT,he also said everyhting looked fine, my ears and throat are not inflamed and he said that it wasn't my ears that hurt but my face joints. So I am here,desperate for ome help, not getting better,not knowing what to do now.I started having very bad panic attacks because I think I am dying and noone can find what is that illness. Can it be some autoimmune repsonse to the progesterone shots? I don't know anymore. It's a struggle to get out of bed really. Sorry for my english,but I am bulgarian.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I could be a reaction to the shot. You don't want to keep going with antibiotics as these can change your flora through out your body. Once the balance has been altered it is difficult to get it back. I would ask the doctor how long it takes for the shot to dissapate. Maybe once that has happened you will feel better. I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.