Sorry if I've ever given advice.

Posted , 10 users are following.

The advice given to me on this site has been wonderful and insightful and is my fault for not listening to it. If you have read one of mine stents before, I just moved up from California to Washington State. I asked for help and advice on the way up here and you all give me that. Of course since I'm an alcoholic I only listened to half of it and barely made it up there alive. I ended up calling out sick 3 times my first week of my new job and then ending up in the ER. I'm a horrible person. My poor wife. My wife and I decided not to drink starting the first of the month but I kept pounding drinks while she was sleeping I kept pounding shots of vodka. And I vaguely remember pouring them out in my face while yelling at me and now it's the next day and she won't have anything to do with me and I just chugged a half a bottle of wine because I just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

OK, firstly, get rid of the idea that you are a horrible person. You are suffering from a medical condition that means that your body reacts differently to alcohol to what most people's does. This results in you finding it almost impossible to avoid drinking. It is not about your prsonality, this is not a life style choice that anybody makes.

The problem with blaming yourself is that the feeling of disgust at yourself is likely to make your drinking worse. Accept that it is a physiological condition and look for a medical solution. My view is that The Sinclair Method is the best, but others here will suggest other ways.

Focus on finding a solution and good luck!! smile

• Posted

Thanks Paul. Over the weekend I'm going to check out some of the doctors that were sent to me to see if they take my insurance so I can start the TSM.

• Posted

Don't beat yourself up over this. You have AUD.

You had a 'good' patch a while ago.

You'll have another at some point. But don't feel guilty!

Love Tess xxxxx

• Posted

I'm behind TSM along with Paul and I have the results to show for it. What's happening to you happens to MOST people that hack off their drinking and try to go it without meds after the detox. 

Like Paul says, it's not your fault, it's just the way Alcohol Use Disorder rolls 90% of the time if you don't treat the compulsion with meds. It's a medical problem, I7. One drug (alcohol) put it there and a different one can help you get rid of it. 

• Posted

Thank you.I still have the list if doctors you sent me. Now I just have to find it and see if they will take my insurance for TSM.
  • Posted

you are not a bad person.  You have a bad condition.  

And then all the other stuff around you (besides the alcohol) is bringing you down as well.

You sound like you are "sick of being sick"...sometimes that is all it takes to change our lives around.  

What happened at the hosptial?  Is your liver ok?  Is your heart?...

I know you don't feel good now...but don't give up I7

• Posted

I'm tired of hurting and lying to my wife. I need to get through today with no drinking and then tomorrow. I have no appetite but at least my hands are not shaking and it's been about 24 hours since the last drink

• Posted

We are here....I really know what it is like to not have an appetite...and that is horrible.

Eat little things...soup really helps.  I'm sorry.....you feel crappy.

• Posted

ps...you HAVE given me advice...and I needed it...and it was good advice...

We always have GOOD advice for others because we KNOW what we should do or what we want.....its just very hard.

Life throws curves at us....and as long as your still HERE..you have a chance.

• Posted

Thank you for all your responses. I know I have to try TSM. If I don't I'm going to end up on the hospital and lose my wife. I feel sick today but it has almost been 24 hrs since my last drink. I have to go to work and get through the day but I'm strangely optimistic. Probably because my wife hasn't left me yet

• Posted

GOOD...24 hours..that is tough..hopefully WORK makes it easier and not harder...

Keep going I7

• Posted

Hang in there, mate! Check your PM's.

• Posted

No prob! Sent you another one about TSM and insurance.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for checking up on me. I'm at work right now and I haven't had a drink since last Thursday when I posted. Feel great.

• Posted

Most excellent! Very glad to hear that, I7! 
    • Posted

Well done 17 - the feeling of no alcohol teasing the organs all day long is magic.  I say to them secretly - rest now you so deserve it.

Keep going ya here - I sure intend to.

G.

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just going to keep on going. When I don't drink I feel amazing and when I do I keep accelerating till I crash. Something has to change and I think TSM is the key to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.