Sorry to be graphic!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be graphic as getting worried and wondering whether any of you on here yet similar things going on. Every single time I go for a poo there's always blood sometimes a lot where there's clots other times it's just a bit and there was mucous but now there's no mucous and now there's what looks like well to me it looks like tissue/lining with blood on it... Does anyone else get this... It's becoming regular and I keep feeling the need to go on. Please if anyone can tell me if this is normal for diverticulitis?

Thanks everyone,

All the best.

E💚

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had that happen to me but I have heard of that.  Others have had that when the pockets get filled with blood then it passes out with stool. Also the mucus comes out as well as infection clears. I'm not sure if it should be happening alot however, you may should check on that to see how to stop it from happening.

• Posted

Hi ElleElla, don't worry about being graphic on here we are talking about the same part of our anatomy and its functions!

I have experienced what you are describing but not all the time, this condition appears to have slightly different symptoms in all of us.

Whilst I wouldn't panic I certainly would make an appointment with the doctor to get confirmation that this is ok. 

Rosie 

• Posted

Elle it definitely sounds like divictilisus and usually when I get blood it's a flare up and can last for 3 days. I get told off from friends for not going to A&E as loosing too much blood is not good, having said that  it always looks worse than it is. Who knows my love, a very difficult condition to fathom out. X

• Posted

Elle you need to get to your Doctor or hospital and get a CT contrast dye scan to confirm what is going on down below. Have you ever had a colonoscopy?

Blood is not a good sign and you need to have a professional look at it immediately.

Take care.

• Posted

Its bad news and you need a surgical cinsult. You can have a perforation. Please seek medical advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.