Sotalol and how people feel about this med

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this group. I have been diagnosed with ARVC recently and have had and ICD put in and am now on Sotalol. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with this med....I feel very lathargic, depressed, anxiety and panic feelings etc. I can't sleep well at night as well as other issues. Can anyone tell me what they have experienced on Sotalol? I think it would be helpful if I had some other people who have taken this med tell me about their experience. Thank You!!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky, sorry you are having so many problems. I had a bout of Afib this summer and the dr put me on metaprolol and along with eliquis and it did get me back into sinus rhythm but like you it made me feel Blah- i would  not say depressed but i had no zest or excitement about life. I was on 50mg twice a day he cut me to 25mg twice a day and my mood improved so much. Tell your doctor and he should be able to lower your dose or switch your meds. Hope you feel better. 
  • Posted

Hi Vicky, how are things four months later?

I have just been told to take this and am hesitant as the Beta-blocker Propranolol which I was previously on made me feel like one of the walking dead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.