spinal fractures

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I wonder if any can help. I fractured my back after a fall and I was put on high intensive pain killers. I was in hospital at the time not for my back and was discharged home. My doctor prescribed tramodol but because i had problems with my kidneys due to a drug which I took for many years and they only realised the effect it had on my kidneys. On reading the information I was put on acupan but that didn't really help so I went back on Tramodol not knowing it is a highly addictive drug. Tramodol works but I am really scared about taking it. I was in agony today and had to take Tramadol. Is there any alternative to tramodol and can anyone help with information about massagers that might help. I am looking for something like Kyroback which rotates the back but there has been some very bad reviews about it and the problems people have had in returning it to the company. Sorry this question is very long but I feel I need some advice. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jeanette, I recently had to start taking tramadol for leg pain

From spina bifida. It doesn't relieve all my pain, but it helps. I

Researched some of the other meds out there, like Vicodin and

Lyrica and found some of the possible side affects to be

Horrendous and scary. I wouldn't be too concerned about

Becoming addicted to tramadol unless you find that you are

Taking more and more to relieve pain. I only take 50-100mgs

Per day to take the edge off and find it gives me a boost of

Energy as well. As with all things, take only as prescribed

And just be aware of what your body tells you.

• Posted

thank you kimberly for your advice. I had heard of lyrica but did not know about the side effects so your post was very valuable thank you
  • Posted

Hi Jeanette, I was taking Tramadol 100mg up to 4 times a day for about 18 months. I wasn't using the maximum dose everyday, and it was very effective. I have lower back pain and severe sciatica down my left leg. I had to stop the Tramadol as now on oramorph. I had no problems stopping. I was also in Gabapebtin for 8 months and recently stopped that to go onto Lyrica.

I've had limited side effects in terms of the benefit that I got from Tramadol.

Do you have a pain clinic you are referred to or can be referred to. I've not heard of the Kyroback, so can't answer that question.

Good luck in finding a solution to your back pain.

• Posted

Thank you angie I did some research into Kyroback and it is not the best of companies and only helps with ordinary back pain. I am seeing my doctor in two weeks. Perhaps a referral to a Pain Clinic might be a good idea. I get on really well with my doctor. I worked for him for about 23 years and he is very understanding. Thank you for replying.
  • Posted

Did I see a recall of some brands of tramadol causing yeast infection ? took occasionaly with lyrica occasionaly diazepan before steroid facet joint injections .Found paramol very good for occasional excrutiating pain as well as acupuncture cupping & TENS machine & ultrasound  .Experience tells me NHS is not good with backs chiros better.They didn't take one MRI of back despite numerous visits to A&E .
  • Posted

Hi I was on 8 tramadol a day prior to surgery and it wasn't hitting the pain. My pain consultant moved me on to a new drug called tapentadol which has less side effects and less harmful but stronger And is a slow release you take twice daily. Ask your doctor about it. Hope this helps. Sarah x
    • Posted

Dear Sarah thank you for your reply i will certainly ask my doctor about it.thank you again i appreciate your advicesmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.