Fev 1=3.35

Fev1/fvc=100%

PEF=9.1

Please comment on my results.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can't ask for much beter than 100%

Why did you get a Spirometry test in the first place?

• Posted

But my fvc and fev1 value are below normal 3.35 instead of 4.67 and 3.98 respectively. Isn't it a problem?

• Posted

Hi those figures look very good to me!  The most important one is the FEV1 (your lung function) and 100% means normal.  Have you been diagnosed with a lung disease?  Are you a smoker?  Copd is normally caused by decades of smoking (though not all especially if you have a genetic propensity, which is rare) and most people are in their 50's and 60's when diagnosed.  

Your best bet is to ask your doctor/nurse to go through the figures with you.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.