Spontaneous Extra pleural haematoma and pleural effusion

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I'm 47 and prior to this always in good health. I woke up couldn't breathe and after several misdiagnosis a CT scan showed I had had a spontaneous extra pleural haematoma - apparently extremely rare it was left to see if my body absorbed it but I became  breathless had a lung fluid biopsy done and then a vats and chest drain. This was 11 weeks ago and all was ok but pain on right chest and back has reappeared  hurts to be cuddled or to lie down and I'm in agony if I sneeze advice please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try taking some anti inflammatory drugs like signoflam after consulting your doctor. And your body has to adjust to it. Try doing some breathing exercises and yoga like pranayama. This will increase the oxygen concentration in your blood which will trigger faster healing.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice I think I am anxious that'll come back and frustrated that it's hurting when I had felt so much better

• Posted

Don't think about it you ll depress yourself this way think positive and positive things will happen get yourself examined again by the doctor get some imaging tests done if the doctor says so to clear your doubt. But till then don't worry body is a weird thing and mind makes weird observations that are generally wrong. So don't worry until your doctor finds out something and apply yourself to some work. Let the body heal. Worrying will only delay things. Hope you get well soon. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.