Sports injury which is ruining my training and everyday life. Help and advice needed!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I really need to seek some professional advice and hopefully some success stories related to mine. Basically I am 22 years old and I'm into body building last summer i went on steroids and run a light test and winstrol. It came to the point where I was between 4-6% body fat and I was doing high intense cardio every morning and lifting ridiculous weights with kneestraps (silly I know) for example 200kg squats for 10 reps and no care in the world. I got caught up in it and I don't understand the science of steriods but I'm sure winstrol dries your joints out.

So following that I went to Ibiza and danced everyday and night and then I came back continued training and went on holiday with my lady and went for a run every morning to burn the holiday food off. By this point I had stopped taking winstrol but it came to the point of halfway through my holiday and my knees both started hurting. And I reduced legs and stopped running (kind of) and this was in Aug 2016. Now we are in Feb 2017 and my legs are on a roller coaster they are painful one day and aching the next.

Here's what I've done, I've been to do the doctors 4 times and each time they keep giving me painkillers. Nothing medically which is really going to help in the long run. I'm going to see a Physio this weekend but there must be something I can do maybe to lube up the joints again or something. I'm trying to get an MRI scan and that's taking ages! I've reduced training legs literally lighting nothing but high reps to keep them alive and well basically. I don't do high intense training either.

It hurts when I go down stairs, aches when I stand on them for a short space of time and now they have got worse I feel like it's hurting more inside when initially it felt like the pain was on the knee cap.

Look I'm not here to be told off for what I've done, I am an idiot and I accept that, i got so caught up in it because I am so dedicated I had no days off really. I really need proffesional help and advice. Please be brutally honest with me because it's better to know the truth.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Rhys,

Sorry to hear about your injury. I know it can be very frustrating. I don't think anyone in this forum is interested in telling you off; just helping if they can maybe by telling you what worked for them. 

I am not a medical professional, just a guy trying to stay fit at CrossFit--ruptured my Achilles during a sprint. Had surgery a couple days later after ortho surgeon confirmed diagnosis. 

Obviously different treatmentbplan than yours will be. But ice, physical therapy, and NSAIDs to address swelling helped the pain for me.   It is taking quite some time to heal, but I am nearly back to previous activities including intense workouts at gym and skiing. 

You are young and fit, and your injury will heal.  Hopefully you can get that MRI soon, figure out what is going on, and start a treatment regimen. Once you have a clear path, you can take back control. Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. 

• Posted

Ah thanks Rob mate, very kind of you.

I appreciate the support and you're right I should eventually get better but I just need to find the source to the problem because we don't have any physical proof of what is wrong.

Either way the positivety and your story makes me feel better.

Thanks mate 👍🏽

• Posted

Hey Rhys84577.

I was on steroids for medical reasons and partially torn my Achilles. I have been told that steroids weaken your tendon and ligament . Ice rest elevation and pain relief should help. It does take time but I hope you will recover from this as u r young and fit. Just make sure u keep calfs loose as tight calf muscles make u more susceptible to Ankle problem. Hope this helps and good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Lisa I really appreciate the help and information

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.