Spot (not cold sore) on top of my lip

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a small hard pimple type thing just above my lip for a while and 3 days ago it started hurting and got bigger. Yesterday, it became quite big and my cousin said it looked like a cold sore (she gets them sometimes). So I just put a cream on it and it did pop a bit yesterday night so there was a scab on it this morning. I put a plaster on it today and when I got home I took it off and it had sort of popped because the plaster made it moist and I heard it's supposed to be dry to heal. Anyway, now it looks weird and I have attached a photo of it (this is after it popped) since I have no idea what it is and I really need help on how to take care of it because I'm scared there is going to be a huge lump on my lip permanantly! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may need to have this looked at by a doctor now. In the meantime please leave it alone. This is very important, messing about with it is not going to help.
  • Posted

Well I would say that would be herpes or a fever blister I'm not really sure if there's a difference but there is and need for some numbing treatments for you. Lidocaine is what comes in mind for me ask your doctor if you can have it for that I use it on my tongue when I bite my tongue. I know that would feel good I know very little about what you're going through except for that I know that hurts like crazy and do not do not pop it! If anything use a warm compress but don't play with the baby it could get really bad. That oil juice or whatever you wanna call it inside of there would be better if it was out and it was already healing. But it's going to hold a lot of pressure and I think warm compresses would be your best bet from now consider that an infected rag after you use it. Definitely doesn't take your hands and never squeeze anything with your hands on your head face neck anywhere really. Cellulitis is very common among people who pick at their face and they want it being hospitalized so don't do that. Definitely talk to a professional as soon as you can I'm sure zovirax or valtrex would help you definitely take some aspirin and cool water runs over your lips. Possibly put some on your mouth to comfort the pain. If you going to put anything on it and you don't have a professional prescription put neosporin plus with a q-tip. Just dab it on there to cover. Not only is it healing ointment it has a numbing agent also good luck life is not over they will be less and less of these pop up when you don't stress out and don't be kissing anybody with that either. Just try to try to stay cool for now stay indoors because you already have a fever you do not need to be in the Sun wear a hat if you have to good luck god bless you
  • Posted

do you ever start taking aspirin as I said just before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.