Spray bottle advice, please?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've read about using a water spray with bicarb after urination, but wondered what sort of bottle would be best for this.  I've read about peri bottles, which seem to be ideal, but I've only seen them online at silly prices.  I've bought an ordinary spray bottle, but it doesn't work very well.  

Could anyone possibly advise me what type of spray bottle would be best and which I could buy quite cheaply in the UK?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My suggestion - go to the hospital and explain what you need it for.  I'm sure they would be willing to help you to a Perin bottle or two. 

• Posted

I use a plastic bottle normally used for picnics. They come in yellow (mustard ) or red (ketchup ). I got mine in a local dollar store.
  • Posted

Hi, If you have a Whole Foods store or health food store, you can buy a small blue glass spray bottle. It hold about 4 oz. It is great for your purse. I carry mine at all times. Maybe go on line.They are only 2-3 dollars. As for the Peri bottle, it is larger. Again look online. Mine was only a few dollars. Good for at home..Medical supply stores charge a fortune. My first was $20.I found out what company they order from, in Miami, and ordered 2 for $6.
  • Posted

I use a squirt bottle from a craft store. I washed it out with alcohol first

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies.  Unfortunately, Hanny, from what I've read online, UK hospitals don't have them, or I would certainly do as you suggest.

I've seen the peri bottles on Amazon UK, but they're asking £67 for them!  Crazy!

However, I did have another search for squirt bottles on Amazon and found a wider range, so thank you, Barbara, Cynthia and Dianne. I'll also have a look in the Health Store, Cynthia.   I should be able to find something now.

• Posted

My best option is in the Dollar Store.  For one dollar ts is a bargain.  The trick i used is putting very warm water into the bottle first then the borax.  Get out any clumps before spooning in, and shake with each little bit added.  The warm warm water seems to help dissolve ,  Then I shake before every use.  I'm even getting muscles and much relief.  Spray bottles don't work if there are clumps because the water is sprayed from the bottom of the bottle and clog easily.  Spraying I found covers more area.  Good luck Cheetah.

• Posted

Cut the tube inside the bottle shorter so that it can work upside down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.