Staghorn and other stones

Posted , 2 users are following.

On my left side I have a very large staghorn stone And on my right my kidney has around 30 small stones I'm in constant pain and due for surgery on my right side on 22/2/2017.

Iv been dealing with this pain and thick blood in my urin since October of last year!

It wasn't until five courses of antibiotics from my gp that they sent me for a scan in mid January this year. They have now put a stent in on my right side and like I said before my surgery for my right kidney is booked for the 22 of this month.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a pain relief as I'm on tramadol but this really isn't helping!

Many thanks in advance x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi jade

I had a stent fitted for 6 weeks b fore they blasted the stones and restented again

The pain from the stent was unbearable

Was on a cocktail of morphine ( only last about hour) cocodomal and ibrophen

Also put me on buscopan and diazepam to help with the contraction type pain that the dr said your body does becaus ethe stents a foreign body

Did help with pain and helped me to sleep.

If I'm honest I spent the whole 6 weeks off work on the sofa resting, I couldn't walk, had urine infections

The whole time

No matter what I drank

I bought a heat pad from Argos £20 and used At on parts that hurt for some relief to.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I'm gonna go and see my gp tomorrow and see if I can have what u was on.

I have to work as I don't get sick pay which is awful as I'm a cleaner so I'm constantly on the go then I come home to four children lol but I must admit as soon as there feed and bathed I'm in bed with my hot water bottle lol.

I'm just so fed up of being in pain I have a partner who helps when his home with the children but feel like he sometimes thinks I'm putting on but I'm not I just find it's all getting on top of me.

Thanks again for ur reply and hope ur on the mend now just can't wait to have my first op x

• Posted

My heart goes out to you.

Luckily I get sick pay, I work with kids and have 5 of my own, the stones knocked me right of my feet, although mine was 10mm wide and stuck in the kidney and became infected, I did then have complications from the surgery, turns out I was allergic to the catheter! Only me!

Once the second stent was removed I was up and about bk to myself within 48 hrs

Hope all goes well for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.